Chapter 13

Byakuya's Spiritual Pressure was rising, the white glow of it rolling off his body. There was a similar black marking on his hand now, and once again, the Captain did not hesitate to sever the bond. The action made his arm fall limp to his side. "Hadou Number One: Shou," Byakuya spoke, pointing his finger at Rukia. It broke her free from the ice, making the girl roll onto her side.

        "I see, you not only disabled your left leg, but your left arm as well," Zommari stated, hands pressed together. "Once those objects were out of your control, you reguarded them as enemies and slashed them. Even though they were apart of your body. So coldy analytical. However, that detachment seems rash. Of your four limbs, only your right arm and leg remain functional. Under the circumstances, you display a high level of arrogance. Considering your disability, challenging an Espada is hard and rational act. That must be apparent, even to you?"

        "As I told you," Byakuya finally spoke up. "This difference between my power and yours is as wide as the gap between heaven and earth. But this talk is tedious. It is true I discarded my limbs, but even without their use you and I are still far from equal."

        Zommari glared. "How unfortunate. I thought you might listen to reason. But you appear to have less understanding of your abilities than I first thought. There was something I forgot to tell you, let me explain myself. These eyes of mine have unique and specific powers and can control one object for each eye." The Captain glared harshly. "I'm glad you realized quickly what that means. In addition to your limbs, I have the power to control something else. This makes it impossible for you to defend against it."

        Rukia's body rose from the ground in an attack, heading straight for Byakuya. He dodged it in time, having to step back onto his injured leg and wincing slightly in pain. Yet there was no time to think about it as she continued throwing her zanpakuto left and right, under Zommari's command. The Captain's eyes roamed her form for only a few moments before finally spotting the marking just above her left eye.

        "If I control the head, then I control the whole body," Zommari stated with a smirk. And his opponent couldn't stop her advances unless he killed her. "It's quite dynamic, and is not affected by a person's injuries." Byakuya rushed forward in an attack. "Don't move!" the Espada ordered, halting Rukia's action. Instead of attacking, she held the zanpakuto to her own throat, making the brother hault. "You see the dilemma. Throw down your zanpakuto, Captain. Face the fact that you have lost."

        Just as Byakuya was about to release his sword, an invisible object slammed against Rukia's arm, forcing the zanpakuto away. Both men's eyes widened, not understanding what was going on. Trying to move Rukia, Zommari's poen eye on his form pulsed. However the young woman was thrown backwards to the floor before being pinned by chains that shattered the ice, coming up from the ground. Struggling was useless, as they twisted around the Soul Reaper's body, holding her in place.

        "Not another step, Espada." The two turned towards the darkest shadows of the hallway, a black slipper coming into view.

        "This is my fight," Byakuya stated.

        "You look awful. Why not watch after your sister? And you should be thanking me for saving her life." Their lower half came into view. "I know you're worried about her. So why not let me take over."

        "I have my reasons."

        "Yes, I know. As a Kuchiki you are very proud of your name, and anyone who harms someone under that name must pay dearly. I am very aware of that, Captain Byakuya Kuchiki." Their torso was next, along with their arms.