Chapter 7

Isane walked around in worry. The Soul Society was in chaos from the disappearance of the Captains and Lieutenants from various Squads, Captain Urahara, Shihoin, Tsukabishi, and Lieutenant Kotetsu missing as well. However, that morning they had all been found in Urahara's lab, with the exclusion of Yoruichi and Katrien. The group was immediately taken to Central 46 for trail upon seeing what happened to the majority of them.

        The young teen even looked for her sister, but had no such luck. She had not come home the night before. Now the Tenth Seat was worrying that something bad had happened.

        As she rounded a corner a black cape was throw over her head, obscuring her vision. Isane tried to fight back, about the release a scream of alarm. However, a hand covered the mouth, restricting her from doing so. The girl was whisked off her feet, and felt the wind rush through the small seams in the fabric covering her.

        When everything stopped, the cape was pulled away. Isane blinked a few times, realizing she was on top of the Senzaikyu, overlooking the Soul Society. "Sorry about that," a voice said from behind. The Soul Reaper whirled around, finding Katrien standing there. "It was the only way I could whisk you away without getting you in trouble."

        "In trouble? Sister, what are you talking about?"

        The Lieutenant sighed, scratching the side of her head and looking away. "I screwed up."

        "Huh?"

        "I saw too much. What happened at the hearing in Central 46?"

        "Captain Urahara was sentenced to have his Shinigami powers stripped from him and banished to the World of the Living. They were in the middle of Captain Tsukabishi's sentence when an intruder broke in and helped the two escape."

        "What of the missing Captains and Lieutenants?"

        "They are to be sentenced to death, but have disappeared as well."

        A quiet curse left Katrien's lips, making Isane's eyes widen. She had never heard her sister curse before. "Listen to me carefully, Isane," Katrien spoke in haste. "If the Soul Society was after the two Captains, then that means they will be after me soon enough."

        "You? Why you? You haven't done anything, Katrien!" Isane spoke with worry.

        "Isane!" the girl exclaimed, gripping her sister's shoulders, bending down to eye level. "It's not what I have done, but what I have seen! I have been set up, Isane; know that. Someone knows who I am, what I can do. I had no choice but to perform one of my gifts to try and save those who have now disappeared. But I was too late. Now, those responsible are trying to get rid of me, labeling me as 'wicked'."

        "Who?"

        "I don't dare speak their name for fear that your life will be in danger as well. But you must be warned: there are people in this Society that cannot be trusted."

        "Who?" the Tenth Seat asked again with urgency.

        "I cannot say. It's for your safety, Isane..." The older sister turned away, looking out over the Serieitei.

        "Katrien... just, say you're sorry. Then maybe you can stay here. You can have everything you've ever wanted. You could stay in the Fourth Division and continue to care for people. You could become a Captain."

        "I know," Katrien whispered, hanging her head. "But I don't want it... not anymore. I can't want it. Not after what has happened. They won't listen to reason or my story. I know that from Urahara and Tessai being convicted of the crimes. I have to leave..." Katrien turned around, looking at Isane with hope. "Come with me, Isane."