Chapter 15

You can't help the dead. Katrien knew that the instant she saw Gin's lifeless form with a hysterical Rangiku hovering over him. Her eyes then shifted to Ichigo's friends', seeing that some were being affected by Aizen's Spiritual Pressure, which was further away. However, Ichigo's was non-existant. "Interesting..." she muttered, stepping forward. The Captains had moved the real Karakura Town to the Soul Society, what was left in place a hollow shell. The pillars helped reverse their placement, taking all of its inhabitants to the other world for protection. They were all unconscious so none would remember that was happening, though it seemed that a few had broken through the veil as Katiren watched the humans struggle. Forming her fingers into a sign, the woman whispered, "Protective Seal. Protos Magni." A dome shield covered the humans, making their attention turn towards her.

        "What did you just do?" a girl was short black hair questioned in surprise.

        "Do you feel better?" Katrien asked. "It's a barrier that will repel Aizen's Spiritual Pressure." Now that she mentioned it, the group did feel better. "It'll also protects you against any danger that might come your way. It'll probably only hold for a good ten minutes at most... it'll be enough though. Once you're strong enough the choice is up to you if you wish to follow Ichigo Kurosaki or run away from the danger."

        "Orihime!" the same girl cried out when Katrien turned away. "You went to help too, right? You were involved? Is she alright?"

        "Orihime is alright. We were able to save her. She is still in the World of the Living."

        "Thank you..."

        "I'm not the one you should be thanking. It should be Ichigo." And with that, Katrien pulled off a symbol from her arm, it warping into a broomstick. The woman jumped onto it and shot off in the direction of the fight.

----------

        Ichigo had released his final stage with his Getsuga Tensho, becoming one with the zanpakuto. Aizen was totally caught off guard, shocked by such a form. He started yelling and screaming that he was better, stronger, more God-like. That nothing could defeat him. Suddenly, the whole area became black.

        When the attack disappeared, Ichigo's Shinigami powers began to slowly disappear. Aizen was still able to regenerate his ripped up body, managing to stand and face Ichigo once more. "I have achieved a higher power!" the ex-Captain stated madly.

        A light shot out from his chest, followed by many more. "Looks like you've finally activated it," Kisuke stated, walking up. "The Kidou."

        The ground broke under the man, black chains wrapping around his arms and legs. Growling, Aizen pulled at the restraints, eyes looking over at someone else who had joined them. The ex-Captain's eyes widened. "Katrien..."

        "Hello, Aizen," she spoke with no emotion. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

        His eyes looked over the Witch's body, realizing the dark markings. "You... you've resorted to Black Magic!"

        Putting a finger on her forehead, Katrien merely spoke, "Awaken." The Third Eye opened upon removing the digit, locking with a fearful Aizen. Throwing her arms out the black symbols removed themselves from the skin, floating around her body.

        "I call upon the Head Witch, Hecate and the Three Weird Sisters of old! Come through the Gates of Hades, from the darkest shadows of Hell!" The wind in the area picked up. "Chain this damned soul in the many years to come, bound in chains which weigh in the weight of his sins!"