Final Chapter

"It's so peaceful here," Isane spoke up one day. It was true, not a sound coming from any of the rooms in the Fourth Division. In fact, it had been a very quiet and slow day.

        "Yes, it is nice to have these kinds of moments," Unohana answered.

        Seconds later pounding footsteps could be heard, running through the halls. They got louder and louder, before the office door was thrown open. "Captain Unohana!" Renji exclaimed, face red and sweating from his dead run.

        "Er, nevermind..." Isane muttered.

        "What can I do for you, Lieutenant Abarai?" the Captain asked.

        "Captain Kuchiki is on his way! It's Katrien!"

        "It didn't!" Isane exclaimed, jumping up.

        "It did!" he answered.

        "Go get Kiyone!"

        "On it!"

        "Isane, let's go," Unohana spoke, the two quickly rushing down the hall.

----------

        Many years passed since that event. The Soul Society was busy as ever, running around the World of the Living and the Society killing off Hollows. Isane sighed in exhaustion, placing a piece of paper in the 'Out' box. "Finally, the last one," the woman managed out.

        "Yes, the amount of paperwork never ceases to amaze me," Unohana agreed.

        "Well, at least the only patients we have are Squad Eleven members... even though they are not my favorites."

        "They were causing some problems before. I do hope they calmed themselves down."

        However, as soon as those words left her mouth there was a cry of girlish screams. "Aunt Isane!" a boy cried out, running into the room and into her arms.

        "Ren, what is it?" the Lieutenant asked, having been surprised by the loud noise.

        "Mommy is beating up the patients," he grinned childishly.

        "Not again..." Isane groaned.

        "If it involves the Eleventh Squad, then she does it for a good reason," Unohana spoke with a smile. "Should we go see what's going on?"

        "I am so sick of you Squad Eleven members! Haven't you learned anything?"

        There were more cries of alarm as the Fourth Division Soul Reapers watched from the halls. A patient managed to drag himself out of the room halfway before being hauled back in, crying. "Wow, looks like she went all out this time," Isane noted, Ren situated on her hip.

        "Mommy's funny!" the kid cheered.

        "Captain Unohana," a voice came from down the hall. They turned seeing Byakuya walking towards them. "Have you seen my wife?"

        "You're getting warmer, Captain," Unohana answered.

        "Mommy's in there!" Ren exclaimed with a grin, pointing to the room.

        The man sighed, walking forward. "I should have known." Opening the door, the patients were back in bed with new bruises; scorch marks on the wall and their casts, some of the beds half broken. "Don't make me come in here again!"

        "We're sorry!" they exclaimed, crying.

        A hand shot out, pulling the person backwards. "You haven't changed, Katrien." The Captain smiled up at her husband, blushing slightly at being caught.

        "Well, er, they started it," she answered sheepishly.

        "Mommy!" Ren exclaimed, waving from where Isane held him. "Did you beat up those men again?"

        The woman laughed in response. "What am I going to do with you?" Unohana questioned.

        "When I grow up, I want to have Mommy's strength!" the child proclaimed, nodding matter-of-factly.

        "Oh boy..." Isane groaned. "Another Katrien, only in boy form. I don't think the Soul Society could handle that!"

        Everyone laughed in response, the Eleventh Division members cowering in fear at the thought in their beds, a little part of them dying on the inside. "You hear that?" Katrien asked the men. "You better watch out." Giving them a wink, she stole a kiss from Byakuya, dragging everyone back down the hall to have a family lunch.

        Yes, things were very much the way they should be.