Chapter 10

They attacked with more numbers than before, and power. Those who came to the World of the Living to help found themselves almost outmatched, even when they attacked at once. It was proving difficult. Rangiku, Ikkaku, and Yumichika managed to get captured by the new Sixth Espada, Luppi. Toushiro had disappeared somewhere in a group of trees, the others believing the Captain to be critically injured. Ichigo was off fighting Grimmjow elsewhere, who's arm had been cut off somehow.

        "What the hell do we do now?" Ikkaku muttered.

        Luppi pulled Rangiku forward, looking over her body. "I wonder how you would look with holes in your body?" he wondered.

        Their eyes widened as the Espada went in for the attack. However, there was blast of yellow light that came barreling out of the trees so fast it startled even Yammy, who sat off to the side. The attack slammed into Luppi, forcing him to release the Soul Reapers'. "What the hell was that?" the large Espada muttered, getting to his feet.

        "Lord Aizen will be terribly mad!" someone called from behind.

        The shocked brute whirled around, finding Kisuke. He went in for a punch, but the Soul Reaper had flash stepped away. "Alive? But how?" Yammy asked.

        "I'm still wondering myself," Kisuke spoke with a grin. His eyes flickered over towards where Luppi had been. "Though I am surprised that she came."

        "Who?" Yammy asked, eyes narrowing.

        "If we weren't here to fight each other, then I would say to watch the show. However, that is not the case." The two then engaged.

        "What the hell?" Luppi growled, body burned in some places from the attack.

        "What was that?" Ikkaku asked in shock at how easily the Espada was forced back.

        "Huh?" a voice came. "Well what do you know, it worked." Everyone's attention turned to the new fighter, suspended in the air. "Guess I can hurt you guys after all."

        Kisuke grinned. "Hello, Roxanne," he greeted.

        "That's the fortune teller?" Yumichika asked in surprise. "That's the person you were speaking of?"

        "The very one."

        Katrien was wearing a veil wrapped around her face; only her eyes visible. The rest of her body was clothed in Indian and Gypsy attire. "She looks like a few shops exploded on her," Rangiku noted under her breath.

        "What the hell do you want?" Luppi spat. "I was busy. If you wanted to get in on the action, wait your turn."

        "Well see, there's a problem," Katrien said, standing up from her crouched form. Everyone then realized she was standing on a broomstick. "I'm not a patient person, especially when someone threatens my town."

        "Get lost little girl."

        Kisuke shook his head, sighing heavily as he held Yammy at bay. "He really shouldn't have said that," the shopkeeper pointed out.

        "And why the hell not?" his opponent asked.

        Lightning built in Katrien's hand, growing in strength and power. "Wrong choice of words," she spoke in a deadly voice. The woman rushed forward with so much speed and grace, no one saw her move until she was upon the Espada. He was left burning and crying out in pain, trying to get out of the way, only proving to be of little effect.