Chapter 11

It had been nearly two days since Orihime's capture, and the Head Captain of the Thirteen Court Guard Squads was up late, going over reports. One in particular was bothering him: the one Toushiro made of the recent Arrancar attack. He had stated someone coming into the midst of battle, saving the Soul Reapers' from the new Sixth Espada. The Captain went on in detail on the said person's appearance: a female, by the name of Roxanne who was a fortuneteller in the World of the Living. Dark brown hair as well as dark eyes. However, when the battle was done her appearance had altered, hair turning auburn, eyes going blue.

        The Captain stroked his beard in thought as Toushiro continued to list Roxanne's abilities. They were most odd, and almost familiar at the same time.

        Someone knocked at his door, jarring the old man from his thoughts.

        "Head Captain, there is someone who would like to have a word with you," Sasakibe said from behind the door. He sounded tired, most likely having been woken up.

        "Let them in," Yamamoto ordered, signing a paper.

        The Lieutenant entered, and person covered in a black cloak following. "I would like a word in private," the person whispered, and the two were left alone.

        "What can I do for you, Miss...?"

        The woman removed her hood, making Yamamoto's eyes widen slightly. "Kotetsu. Katrien Kotetsu." She smiled lightly. "It's been a while, hasn't it, Head Captain Yamamoto."

        He looked down at the open file on his desk, now realizing why the woman Roxanne seemed so familiar. "Yes," he answered, leaning back in his chair. "It has been a while." The old man was on edge, wondering what she was doing, and how she had gotten here. "What can I do for you?"

        "I have some questions... as well as one request. But only if you hear my story..."

----------

        Katrien stood outside the gates of the Kuchiki Household, looking on at the dark grounds. The hood on the cloak that was around her body covered her face, hiding it in the shadows. Her meeting with the Head Captain had lasted for a good three hours. The two had discussed many things. Yamamoto had questions for the Witch, and after listening to how everything fell apart one-hundred and ten years ago by Aizen's hand, Katrien finally asked the man to heed a request.

        "My mind has been tainted," she had said. "If the war does end by us engaging Aizen this winter and I cannot pull myself back I want you to do it."

        "Why?"

        "I have told you of my father, that should be enough of a reason. I don't wish to end up like him."

        "How will I know?"

        "I will be trying to destroy the Society and the World, riding it of its existence."

        Katrien sighed, turning her back on the home she once aided so many years ago. "What are you doing here, intruder?"

        She froze in step, back facing the man who spoke. "I was here admiring the Cherry Blossoms," she spoke in a soft voice. "I'm sorry if I threatened you."

        "A little late to be doing that," he said, stepping closer.

        "I had to see them... Just one last time... Incase..."

        "Incase of what?"

        "Incase I would not be able to come back and see them..." A single tear rolled down Katrien's cheek. Though the voice held no emotion, she finally realized who was speaking to her.

        "What is your name?"

        "Roxanne Adler. And may I know the name of the man who caught me?"

        "Byakuya Kuchiki."

        A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips, though it was a sad one. "I'm sorry for taking your time. I will be going."

        Byakuya's eyes followed the cloaked figure as it walked into the darkness, disappearing. The Captain then too returned back into the shadows of his home.

----------

        "I told you so." Katrien stopped her advance towards the black hole, hearing Kisuke's voice. "You're going to Hueco Mundo." After returning from the Soul Society, the Witch slept long, regaining her strength and power. Ichigo, Chad, and Uryuu had already passed over. She had then returned to Urahara's Shop undetected, finding the garganta still open. "You looked at the Dark Arts, haven't you? That's why you are going. I can see your marks, even though you are trying to hide them as best you can with that clothing."

        Black symbols and designs were peaking out from under the bottoms of the sleeves, the collar around her neck, and around her visible ankles.

        "What of the Vizards?" Katrien asked, ignoring the comment.

        "They are waiting for the fight to come to them. I got your note. Those extra talismans will help on the pillars."

        "Urahara," Katrien stopped him. "Don't try and stop me."

        He sighed, fixing his hat. "I just want to make sure this is what you are looking for."

        "I think it is," Katrien whispered, walking into the blackness.

        "Good luck," Kisuke mumbled after her.