Regret 1

Tendrils of silence illuminates the rink.

You tilt your head as Yuri scoffs.

'Yuri Plisetsky, the winner of a championship is a scumbag in disguise...'

He walks away, leaving the whole room in awe and you in confusion.

You turn towards Nikolai, typing onto your phone and frantically showing him. "That's the guy that you said would get along with me?"

The elder lets out a laughter, "Let's get you two home first."

Lightning struck you, "You're Nikolai?"

"Yes, (Y/N) I will be taking care of you, temporarily. Yuratchka is my grandson."

....

....

'That's it, you'd be living with him, good luck on your own.'

*******

Walking away, you spot Yuri inspecting his bruised feet. It did seem like in serious condition, but you couldn't care less and walked away.

He later joins you on the car and takes a seat in the front as you were in the back. He takes notice of your reflection in the rearview mirror and freaks out. He complains to his grandfather as you sweat drop at his commotion.

On the way, it was really just silence for you. The dusk sky was all your eyes were glued on. How ironic, as time struck, a family dies. To you, it's always under the dusk light.

"Yuratchka, won't you introduce yourself to her?"

Yuri grumbled, but still did as told from his beloved grandfather. "Yuri Plisetsky." He states without his eyes ever leaving his phone. "So, grandpa, where is she gonna stay?"

"Oh, in your room."

...

...

...

...

...

"HAAAAAAAAAA?!"

"What?"

"GRANDPA, WHAT ABOUT THE GUEST ROOM?!"

"It's occupied by your aunty."

"THEN WHERE AM I STAYING?!"

"Sofa."

"HOW LONG IS SHE STAYING?!"

"About a year."

"PLEASE KICK HER OUT!"

"She have no where else to go."

Out of pure frustration and anger, Yuri kicked the car door opened.

"I AM NOT SHARING A ROOM WITH HER!"

"YURATCHKA CLOSE THE DOOR!"

***************************************

The team was able to safely make it home, sparing the details.

Yuri helped take your luggage and bags out, though he had a disgusted face the whole time.

It was an average house in an average neighborhood. Inside, it was clean and fresh. The dining tables were coated vintage brown and modern gold around the edges, the chairs were a pair too. The fridge was also a little traditional, colored in vintage form again and filled with Yuri's childhood or family pictures. The couch was grey and a TV was located right in front with a modern stand.

You drop your bags unintentionally as you were stunned at such a organized sight. Ever since you lived with your cousin, you had lost sense in house fashions and designs since your grandfather and cousin were both extremely poor. There were always either holes or rain leaking from the roof, or there'd be places, especially in the corners, where it'd be infested with cockroaches or spiders.

"(Y/N)?" A women's voice exclaims behind the still-in-shock you.

You nod.

"(Y/N), this is June." Nikolai said, "She's Yuratchka's Aunty."

"We're not related!" Yuri shouts from behind.

"Yes." She smiles, "I am Yuratchka's grandfather's friend's second child's aunty's mother's cousin's grandchild's family's old friend's cousin's father's sister's uncle's brother's best friend's long lost younger sister's mother's half brother's older sister's half niece's aunty's nephew's grandma's grandchild's girlfriend."

'That's way too much information...' you nod anyways.

"Ok, Yuri, go tidy your room."

He groans but follows the commands. As he leave to the hallway, you two exchanged a glare. The elder made you pirozhki and it was delicious, filled with seasoned lettuce, fried pork, raw tomatoes and mayonnaise scribbled inside. Nevertheless, you had the first full and good meal in a while. You thank him as he began making more for Yuri. He asks if you could call his 'rebellious' grandson to the table, obviously, you accept and walks towards his room.

His door was open, so you proceeded in more. You suddenly realise that his way of cleaning was shoving everything into a closet. His bed still had chips and crumbs all over, a laptop, a pair of leopard textured earphones and other cat related merchandise.

You also spot a cat purring next to him, it was a cat whose fur was coloured in black and white.

"That should be it." He whispers, "As long as she's not suicidal and opens this closet, then we'd be fine." He looks down at the cat, "Right? Puma-Tiger-Scorpion?" He laughs as he ruffles the pet's fur.

'That's the longest name I've ever heard.'

He stands up and turn towards the door. His eyes widen when seeing you standing and leaning against wall.

"How long have you been here?!"

You sigh and type on your phone, resulting in him being extremely puzzled. "Eat?"

He walks past you as you felt a gust of cold wind following him.

"Also." You stopped him with your leg, "That's a really long name, make it shorter."

He ignores you and walk away.

****************************************

After taking a bath and getting changed, you bellyflop onto the bed. Yuri walks in to see you hugging the new bed sheets. Thinking that you're probably enjoying the prime of your life, he takes another step inside.

He heard soft noises conjuring from your muffled voice. At first, he thought it was just heavy breathing, but then taking notice of this, he registered that you were sobbing.

He stare at you, it'd bee exaggerated if you were straight up balling, but it was possibly enough for the peak of pity inside his chest, that heart shattered in countless pieces troubling him to follow which one bit.

'They say follow your heart, but which piece should I run behind?'

VOICE, to be continued~