Watching 32

The seagulls cried with the sighs of the sea. The sun's innocent rays of light covered Barcelona.

Viktor's hand reached out.

But his sightseeing was cut short from a strong kick behind him.

Correction: multiple kicks.

"Viktor Nikiforov is dead." The deep voice of Yuri's crept out. Viktor turned around and was greeted by the menacing Russian teen, "Why do you look so happy to be looking after that damn pig?"

The wind howled as Viktor stepped closer to Yuri, he bends to meet his eye level, "Did you want to compete against me?"

"Don't be so full of yourself. Not all skaters look up to you." His words were full of ambition, his voice was projected with confidence, "Just go away already, geezer."

Without even changing his expression, Viktor's hand squished Yuri's cheeks and pulled him closer towards his face. The golden ring on his finger shining.

The wind was exasperated.

"The ring you got from that pig is garbage." Yuri spoke, his tone cutting deep within the atmosphere, "I'll win just to prove how incompetent his owner is." Viktor grinned, "Let go of me." Yuri pushes the man's hand away.

As Viktor looked away into the distance, the shuffling footsteps of Yuri caught his attention.

"This place reminds me of Hasetsu's Ocean." Yuri shouted from afar.

"I thought that, too." The seagulls weeped as Viktor spoke. "Yuri." He stopped. "Are you motivated to fight?"

It took him a while to respond, but eventually his voice slipped. "Yes."

Viktor's mouth stretched into a smile, "For her?"

...

Yuri hid his tendered expression.

"Hmm, thought so." Viktor laughed.

*********

Her eyes opened, eyelashes flapping like birds. She moaned as she shuffled beneath the blankets. As her vision arrives, she noticed that Yuri's bed was empty and the blankets were just like a tsunami's aftermath.

She sat up, rubbing her eyes at the image before her.

"Yuri?" She mumbled.

Then it hit her, the overwhelming embarrassment from last night. Her finger glided to her lips and as the memory from before roamed through her thoughts, she buried her boiling face beneath the blanket.

The white blanket shined in the morning sun.

She jumped out, glancing over at her jacket hanging in the closet.

The hotel view was amazing, she could see a lot of Spanish monuments and it's hypnotizing beauty.

With the jacket swung around her shoulder, she stepped out the hotel door.

The afternoon clock ticked silently.

********

"Logan?" Mia's voice trembled inside the dark alley, "Logan?" She raises her voice, hoping to hear a confirmation from the said man.

A loud thud escaped deep within the labyrinth, Mia jumped. She stepped back. She was already in a foreign country, being stuck somewhere she doesn't know is worse.

As she turned around, a hand grabbed onto her arm. The strength was enough to pull her back. The culprit's palm slammed onto her lips.

"It's me." Logan's voice made her loosen up.

"What is it?" She giggled, "Are you gonna confess?"

He pushed her against the wall, his arm blocking the light and his face leaned in, their nose touched. "No."

Voice, Soon, just you wait...