... 28

From the distance, I would hear the lonely cries of a Piano.

It's music slowly tangling inside my heart, mingling with my blood.

The screams of music erupt from a suffocating guitar.

It's singing passed its suffer to me, admixed with tears.

The quiet shouts of a withering Voice calls for lying angels.

They ascend and their hands close up to my neck.

"You're fine."

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

But the angels are liars.

*********

"When's the date?" I asked, "I meant the flight to Barcelona."

"Um, the day after tomorrow I think." He says, "Did you pack?"

I check and reply with a thumbs up.

"Hey Mute, have you heard about the theme park down the street?"

"You mean XXXX? What, do you want to go or something?"

He stares...

...

"I'm taking that as a yes?"

His eyes zoomed away, avoiding any more awkward staring. He nods.

I sigh, "Sure," his face lights up, "in one condition!"

"Yeah?"

"From now on, you are my voice in public! If we see anyone that I don't know, you will be talking to them! You hear me?"

He laughs, "Yes (Y/N)!"

**********

The excited screams fill your ears, without knowing, you hide your face while trembling.

Yuri saw the bitterness through your eyes, he concluded that you've never went to a theme park before.

Seeing you so troubled, he felt rather sorry for dragging you here.

"Wanna try something?" He asked.

With a flinch, you reply, "Nah, I'll just watch..."

He wasn't exactly satisfied with that answer, "You've...Never been to a crowded area right?"

He guessed right.

His hand digs into your pocket and grips those freezing hands of your's.

You stared. In Awe.

"Let's go!"

*********

"Hey, (Y/N)," he hides his face, "I know this isn't much, nor is it super cool, but it's all my pocket money could afford."

In his palm, a mini cassette recorder, that has previously been collecting dust on the lonely cashier counter, rests silently.

"And I know that this isn't something cool like a new phone, in fact, it kinda sucks, but..." His gaze pierced through your's. "If you don't like talking to others so much, then, record your voice instead!"

Your body boils upon hearing his voice and melts from his eccentric expression

'Ah, did I tell you I fell in love with you too, (Y/N)?'

*******

There's a photo booth located not far from where me and Yuri are eating at.

Yuri wasn't so keen with the photo, so I dragged him into the frame last second.

No, he wasn't happy at all.

But I was.

Because I can see him no matter where I am now.

***********

"Why don't you scream?" He asked stepping down the free fall.

"What kind of question was that?!"

"I mean, if you're having fun, then it's better to let it out." I stayed silent. "Mute, here's an advice, enjoy the moment!"

"Why would I?"

"Because you never know if you'll have the same experience again."

...

*******

"You wanna go home now?" He asked, head tilting back. "The sun's setting already."

"Yuri, can we try that?" I asked, pointing to the roller coaster, "Last ride?"

He sighs, but gives in.

After all, his job was to make you happy.

*******

As the cart glides upwards, jubilance and fear erupt from behind, all being resembled by yells and screams.

I glance over at Yuri who was enjoying the time of his life.

'Is now a good time?'

"Yuri!" I shouted, hoping for him to hear my voice inside a crowd of others', "I'm moving away soon!"

"What?! I can't hear you!" He yells back.

"I said—"

The fall happened, I was too jolted at the shock that I didn't even finish my sentence.

The wind stabbed my eyes and pulled my hair.

I open my mouth, and as a scream exits my lips, I hear Yuri beside me.

"(Y/N)!" I look over, "Doesn't it feel better when you scream?!" For the first time, he puts on a smile that was so genuine.

...

...

...

...

'I don't want to be left alone again.'

Voice, pleading.