...? 30

The voice screamed, as if it was breathing.

It's hands scratched deep within my lungs, hiding behind my tongue.

The revolting taste behind my throat, it makes me want to vomit.

But suddenly, it disappeared.

The monster accompanying my voice.

I felt safe.

...

At least for today.

***********

"I'm done practicing!" JJ's voice echoed throughout the rink, "Off I go!"

Yuri scoffs as Yakov forces him to give it another shot.

"Where the hell is that mute anyway?..."

**********

Within the labyrinth of hallways, I met Karui.

She was here because of Mia's family, but from her eyes, I know she never expected me.

"Ah, (Y/N)..." Karui whimpered, "Can you please tell Yuri that I'm sorry?" Tears welled up in her eyes, it slowly slid down.

I blinked.

'She doesn't have a voice.'

...

I know.

'I wonder why...'

...

...

Because she's not genuine.

"(Y/N), I know my mistakes." Her blabbering continued, "But you've seen how much I care about Yuri! You know I really love him!"

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Was it fun?" My voice crawled out. "Have you ever loved him?"

"Excuse me?"

"If you're wanting someone to sleep with you, earn those money elsewhere."

"(Y/N)...!" She stumbled backwards, "Why're you so rude? I never thought..." her acting is on point, "I'll get Yuri back! I can't leave him with you!"

"It's a game of survival." My voice whispered, "The weak dies, simple."

She clenched her mouth, covering her past experiences of lust. "What do you know about me?!"

My voice shriveled up and my mouth moved, "You don't have a Voice." She stopped "Karui," I walked past her, "why're you always obtaining another's pity."

...

...

"(Y/N)! Wait! I'll change for him!"

"Karui," I stopped behind the exit, "You didn't survive."

*********

"Yuri, are we done?" I asked walking through the door.

"Where the hell were you?"

"Bathroom." I shrugged, "Done?"

He grasped onto the bag, judging by the weight it's definitely filled with possible bricks, and threw it around his shoulder and walked away.

"Wait! Isn't it too heavy?"

"Nah." He replied.

"I'll hold something!"

"Are you dumb? It'll kill you."

"I insist though!"

He rolled his eyes, "Fine," he pulled his hand out of his pocket, "Hold my hand then."

...?!

"WAT?"

"You wanted to hold something right?"

"Yuri! Are you mental?!"

"You don't wanna hold it?" His eyes were slanted and he looked disheartened.

"No, not that..!" He's way too out of character.

With my face flashing a million shades of embarrassment, I reach towards his palm.

It's a freezing rink, but his hands were so warm.

"Cool, thanks for warming it up for me." He joked.

'It's not that...'

Droplets of torturing nostalgia blurred my eyes, the memories manipulated by a voice's plague kept repeating.

I stared up at him.

"Yuri."

"Yeah?"

"I like you."

...

...

...

...

...

"I know."

Voice, watching.