Soon 35

That blurry figure advanced towards me, every footstep echoing quietly in my ears. The awful ringing of unknown cacophony balances into my head.

'Who was he again?'

'Oh, right, it's Yuri...'

'Wait, that doesn't sound right, Yuri wouldn't do this.'

"I don't like being humiliated." It said, "I don't like being bossed around by some mute girl."

'Ah, right, it's Logan.'

"You seem to know a lot about me," It continued, "But I don't think you know what I know about you." It stood up, "Let me elaborate." It cleared its throat,"(F/N) (L/N) was a famous figure skater, an accident happened and she stopped competing. After a series of unfortunate events followed her family, she was going to be adopted. 'Coincidently' Nikolai adopted her with him until an appropriate family can take care of you." The figure hunched over, seemingly staring into my blank eyes, "Would you be so kind to tell me that what happened was not exactly a coincidence?"

He grabbed a nearby jacket and slammed it onto me. Instinctively, my hands dive towards my head.

"Speak." The voice commanded.

My mouth mumbled a group of words. He leaned in closer, only to hear another ambiguous string of sound. Then, it seems that he caught on.

"My mother's a murderer."

The door unlocked.

********

"Hey Mute, where the heck were you today?" Yuri stepped in, "Mute?" Inside the empty room, everything but the chair seemed normal. Something about that chair just bothered the viewer. With this information, he shouts again, "(Y/N)!"

From—somewhere— he saw a familiar pair of claws reaching out. Those comforting yet eccentric thin limbs squeezed through the crack from under the bed. He knew exactly what it was. It signaled him to look under and he obeyed.

As his head lowered down, he saw the eyes of another person staring into him.

He jumped back, knocking over the lamp. "WHAT THE F**K?!"

The person rose from underneath, under the glistening light, they locked eyes. The good ol' rivals from back then.

"Otabek? What the f**k?"

"Jesus, you scared the heck out of me."

"No, no, no, wait." Yuri cut in, "How the heck did you get in here?"

"The door was supposedly locked, but it wasn't exactly locked."

"Nani da fudge?"

"I mean, like, there's this small crack."

"Then, where is (Y/N)?" His voice trembled, "Speaking of which, what are you doing here?"

"I came here to see her."

"What?—Ok, I don't care about that, but did you see her voice."

"See?"

The claw reached out once again, his gaze was glued onto it as it retreated back into the recorder. It was that same 'damn' recorder that he gave her at the carnival.

"I can hear her humming." Otabek commented, pointing at it, "Through that."

"Can you not see it?"

"I have absolutely no idea about what you are talking a—"

"Yuri?"

The said name's owner spun around upon hearing a feminine voice. "(Y/N)?"

"Otabek too? What's up?" She commented through layers of thick fabric covering her face.

"What's wrong?" Otabek's voice stole Yuri's question.

"Hmm? Nothing, I'm just cold."

"Where the heck were you?" Yuri avenged himself by obtaining Otabek's next question.

"Oh, I was just taking a stroll, that's all." She let out a small chuckle that sent out painful vibes. "Don't worry." She turned around, proceeding towards the chair, "It's nothing at all." Her hand wrapped around the wood attached to it, placing it back to where it once lived causing her face to hide from the two, "Sorry about that."

******

"What did Otabek tell you?"

"Hmm?" She replies still with a hoodie over her head. "Oh, it's nothing."

Yuri didn't like that reply. "I don't get why you are suddenly avoiding the questions."

"Sorry, I couldn't be there at the championship, you must've been mad." She replied, facing the other direction. Deep in thought, she knew that that was the potential reasoning.

"(Y/N), where were you?"

"Like I said, walking around."

...

...

...

"Take off your hoodie." His harsh yet commanding voice stormed out.

"No." She replied, a stern yet trembling voice.

"Take it off, or I will rip it off."

"Wha—No, are you out of your mind?"

"You are out of your mind, wearing that hoodie on your bed. Do you plan on sleeping in those?"

...

...

"Yes."

"You are absolutely crazy." His hand rushes back, pushing him up. He walked towards her, "Is there something wrong?"

"Stop—What the heck are you doing?" She fought back, her hands desperately gripping onto what was covering her face from the light. "Yuri! Stop! Ow—!"

"What are you hiding from me?!" A dominant and ambitious voice extended towards her. His fingers mingled with the fabric before he tugged onto it.

The room fell into the void of silence.

...

...

...

...

Yuri's eyes twitched.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Who...was it?"

Voice, ....