Chapter Two

Of course now I knew why he sounded familiar. I had spent many nights alone in front of my computer watching videos of him. Read numerous fanfics about him. Daydreamt about him. Jack Barakat. Jack Barakat was standing in front of me as he stared in confusion at my puzzled face. Oops. He was still holding his hand out.
“Hi I’m Holly” I replied shaking his outstretched hand. Wow his hands were big. Alot bigger than mine but I was small. My eyes glanced to the top he was wearing. It was his boner t shirt. I giggled and he laughed with me. I had to admit, I had one at home. It was Kim’s Christmas present for me and probably the best one.
“One thing you should know about me Holly, would you turn-” Jack started but was interrupted by Kim staggering over to me with two drinks in her hand – one was nearly empty.
“Sup sunshine?” she sang cheerily. “Oh who’s this then?”
“Hi, I’m Jack” he smiled and stuck his hands in his pockets. Maybe he was shy. He couldn’t be that shy he was famous. Intimidated maybe? No way.
“Wait! I know you from somewhere! Oh! You’re the bassist, no wait the guitarist of that emo band Holly listens to! Her bedroom walls are plastered with your face! No like seriously it’s kind of sadistic. She’s properly obsessed with you.” shouted Kim. She obviously wanted to be heard.

Jack looked sideways at me with a grin. Oh my God. That was it. My cover was blown. Now he knows I’m just a stupid fangirl. Thanks Kim. Thanks. I took the drink from her hand and drank it as quickly as I could. If I was drunk I wouldn’t remember the embarrassment.
“Oh really?” Jack asked Kim.
“Yeah! She hasn’t seen you live though because her Foster Parents won’t let her. I even had to pay to get her in here and the dress she’s wearing is mine. Shame bout her real parents though.” Kim was obviously too drunk. How many shots had she had in the 5 minutes we were apart?
“Kim!” I screeched. I had trusted her. If she had said this to a stranger had she told her other friends?
I took her drink off her and set it down on the seat where the couple were still doing...things to each other.
“I’m sorry Jack; I have to take her home.” I apologized.
“Oh that’s okay but can I see you again?” he grinned.
What? Why? How? Why would he want to see a fangirl again? This was a dream. Definitely.
“Yeah okay” I mumbled as Jack held out his shiny new phone. I entered in my number as fast as I could but I was shaking so much.
“Thanks! I’ll call you okay?” Jack smiled. He had such a pretty smile.
“Yeah. Bye!” I waved and half dragged Kim out of the club.
I could have sworn I saw him do a happy dance. I thanked Kim when she was sober. Without her I would have never met Jack.