Chapter Thirty Nine

"Hooolllllyyyy." Claire groaned from the hospital bed, that was pushed up against the white wall. Various colourful wires were attached to her, looping their way around her body. She scratched at her hand, irritated by the needle stuck in it.

"Stop that." I said and reached over, grabbing her hand.

She sighed and lay back in the uncomfortable looking bed. She looked tired, really tired. We all were. On Claire's right, Alex slouched in an armchair similar to mine. His arms were crossed over his jacket which he hadn't taken off and he was lightly snoring. Claire rolled her eyes and scratched at her neck. The constant beeps from the machine were irritating and broke the silence in the room.

A nurse popped her head through the door and smiled cheerily, her smile was not matched by the tired occupants of the room. She was overly cheerful for a person on the night shift. She walked to the bed and rested her gloved hands on the footboard of the bed.

"So Claire?" She asked as she read her name off the clipboard, "How are you feeling tonight?"

Claire simply groaned and held her stomach.

The nurse smiled a sympathetic smile and reached for a pen in her pocket. She quickly scribbled a quick note on the paper. I tried to read it but she hid it with her hand, I didn't see why she had to be so secretive.

"So you're two weeks early?" She asked. Looking at her name tag, I realised her name was Mary.

"Yeah she is." I answered for Claire.

"And you are?" She asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"I''m her best friend." I answered as Claire grabbed onto my hand. I flinched from the pain and my voice altered.

"Ah." she quickly said and excused herself. Claire continued to hold my hand as she held her other over her eyes.

Alex was still asleep, no wonder Warped was really tiring

Mary left the door slightly open and soon enough three shadows could be seen outside of the ajar door.

Jack's head appeared at the side of the door. He peered in, eyes widely opened and smiled as he saw everyone asleep apart from me.

"Can we come in?" Rian's voice called from behind Jack.

"Yeah sure." I whispered as I stood up to open the door for the three.

They tiptoed in, all carrying cups of coffee, from Starbucks

Rian grinned as he took a seat in a chair in the corner of the room, the last remaining one as Jack sat with me in the large armchair, "We found a Starbucks!" He said proudly as he took a sip of the steaming coffee

"How long has Alex been asleep?" Jack asked as he rested his head on mine.

Pulling my legs up to my chest I answered, "Not that long really."

"Where did the Nurse go?" He pondered, fishing in his pockets for his phone.

"I don't know she just left as soon as she found out she was two weeks early."

"But that's normal right?" He asked meekly as he unlocked his phone.

I stretched out my legs and rested them on Claire's bed, "I don't know actually but I was two weeks early."

"And you're fine." Jack said with a small smile as he poked my arm.

"Yeah it'll be fine." I smiled as much as I could.

He kissed the top of my head and opened his Twitter app and switched to his interactions and we sat there for a while, just laughing.

Ten minutes later, the nurse, Mary breezed through the door and we all stopped what we were doing and glared at her.

"We'll are you guys ready?" She asked with a wide grin.

Alex awoke finally and rubbed his eyes, "Ready for what?"

"Ready to have a baby!"