Chapter Thirty Seven

For the whole time I had known Claire, she was never one to answer her phone. It was frustrating to say the least. When we were younger, it was never a source of concern, she was always studying or had her earphones up to loud to hear the buzzing but now that she was pregnant, I grew worried. 
"For fucks sake Claire, answer your phone!" I groaned as I held the phone to my ear as we trekked back to the bus. Rian and Zack sped ahead of Jack and I, eager to find out about Alex's talk with Isobel. 

Of course Claire didn't answer, nor did she answer the next six calls. I left a few voicemails asking her to call me back but I somehow doubted that she would hear them.

"She's probably asleep Holly, don't panic just-" Jack started, trying to pry his phone away from my hands.   
"She never goes to bed at this time Jack, no one goes to bed at this time." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.
"Babies do."
"Babies don't count."
"Yes they do."
"Not really."
"Yes really."
"Here, just take your phone." I muttered, tossing the phone sideways and luckily he caught it. 

The sky was dark now, the cold moonlight and stars being the only light guiding us back to where the bus was parked. Like every time we saw the bus, Jack and I sprinted towards it, seeing who could get there the fastest. Sort of a race. As always he slammed into the side of the bus first, and did a victory dance to celebrate. 
"No fair, your legs are longer!" I protested, reaching for the door handle of the bus. 
The door opened outwards before I could climb in. Alex leaned out of the bus, laughing slightly. His eyes crinkled as he laughed at the two of us. 
"You guys are so stupid!"  He managed to say, clutching his hand to his side. He seemed to be alot happier than he was when we left. 
Jack laughed from beside me and Alex sniggered at him. Raising my eyebrows, I clambered up onto the bus. Alex moved aside for me and closed the door after Jack climbed on after me. 
"Wait for it." Alex whispered loudly to Jack and I whipped my head towards them. 

"Surprise bitch!" A voice screamed and ran down the hall, crashing into me and crushing me in a tight hug. I heard laughter as the person swayed with me. 
"You absolute,ugh, I hate you! " I muttered into the person shoulder, my voice muffled. 
The person shook with laughter and eventually the whole bus erupted in laughter. 

"You had me so worried, why did you-?" I asked, sitting on the couch next to Claire, "I thought you died or something!" 
"Wow you want me dead?" She laughed, rubbing her stomach.
"No! So, who made you do this?" I asked, looking around at the group of guys surronding us on the bus.
"Him." She laughed and pointed at Jack. He ran away toward the back lounge but I slid off the leather seat and ran after him. He jumped into a bunk and shut the curtain closed. I tip-toed to the bunk and I could hear him giggling. Waiting for a second or two, I drew back the curtain and looked in to see Jack against the wall, laughing. 
"You knew the whole time you asshole!" I  shouted, climbing into the bunk.
"Of course I knew! I set it up!" He laughed.
"Why?"
"You were sad and, I thought it would make you happy again-" 
"You scared the shit out of me but thank you, thank you, thank you!" I grinned, reaching over to hug him. He laughed softly and kissed the top of my head, 
"Now go see your best friend!" He smiled, releasing me.