Chapter Twenty One

I whirled around in his arms and frowned at the sight of the person. He hadn't changed from the last time I saw him. His hair looked darker but he still had his distinctive scar on his left cheek.  I tried to shrug him off again, desperately. He glanced over my shoulder and he changed. His snarl changed into a broad smile and he pulled me into a tight, suffocating bear hug. I kept my arms firmly by my side and wiggled, trying to escape. He whispered again, angrily, close to my ear,  "Say nothing." I bit my lip as he let go of me and greeted the four men walking toward us. I looked around the club quickly again.

"Hey guys!" Matt greeted them all cheerily with a fake smile plastered on his face. They peered around Matt, staring at me. 

"Why do you have Holly?" They asked, confused. I tried to walk away but he pulled me back and slung his enormous hand over my shoulder and pulled me close.

"Just catching up with my little sister!"

"I'm not your sister!" I shouted angrily over the pounding music, wriggling away from him. He pulled me back by my wrist and laughed dryly at my attempt.

"Sorry, she's a bit, uh,crazy.." He apologized, and wiggled his finger in circles by my head. The other men laughed and exchanged looks.

"But hey! It makes it a lot more fun when they're like that!" The men joked.

I took a step back as the men took one foward. I reached up on my tippy toes to search the rest of the room, for Jack. The lights had dimmed and it was difficult to distinguish people from empty spaces. People were still dancing wildy despite the darkness. I saw two bottles of beer, floating above the packed dance floor. A tall figure held them above his head as he pushed his way through the dancing crowd. It was Jack. I waved my free arm frantically and screamed. He looked around confused, shrugged and looked around the club. I stamped my foot impatiently like a toddler and screamed again when I saw Alex. Matt realised what I was doing and tightened his grip on my wrist. I winced at the pain and jumped to catch Alexs attention. He saw me and waved back at me. His smile turned to a frown as I was lifted off my feet and pulled backwards. I kicked, scratched and screamed at Matt. Nobody could hear me as a piercing loud noise rang through the building. Matt, highfived a man by the broken fire alarm and continued dragging me toward the end of the club. I had been in this club before, there wasn't a door outside there. Only bathrooms. 

The partygoers were now scurrying toward the exit quickly, holding their hands over their heads as water rained down on them. The water soaked Matt and I but he didn't seem to notice. I could see Alexs hair bobbing as he tried to run to the back as the crowd ran foward, like a fish trying to swim upstream. Matt chuckled darkly, looking at Alex, and now Jack and Rian. The water had drenched their hair and clothes. The club was nearly empty and I decided now was the time to try and break free from Matt. I took a deep breath and kicked backwards just as the bathroom door was slammed shut and locked before my very eyes, cutting off my sight of the club. Shit.