Chapter Twenty Two

Tears pricked my eyes as I heard Jack and Alex shouting from the other side of the locked door. They were banging on the door but it had no effect. Two of Matts 'friends' stood by the door, muscled arms crossing their chests. It smelt horrific and the stench of urine and smoke was making my eyes sting. Tears trickled down my cheek, staining my cheeks. 

"Oh for fuck's sake waterworks! You were always a crier!" Matt snapped, looking down at me. He was always taller than me and had to bend his head. He fiddled with something in his pocket, his eyes never leaving mine. I tried to wipe away my tears like a child would, but Matt held my hands firmly above my head. I banged my head against the cold, tile wall hoping that this was all a dream. It wasn't. The door shook violently, threatening to break, and Matt whipped his head around, staring angrily.

The 'doormen' exchanged glances with Matt and he nodded at them. He turned back to face me.  The vein in his temple was pulsating, and his feautures contorted into twisted fury.  A sneer placed itself on the curl of his thin lips. He laughed coldly and nodded again to his friends. I watched with eyes wide open as they unlocked the door. Jack and Alex fell through and onto the cold floor with a thud. The doormen quickly locked the door again and grabbed the guys from behind. They struggled but it did no good, they weren't as strong. 

Matt chuckled darkly as they tried to move. He glanced from me to them and back. 

"So a guitarist eh Holly? How could I forget? You love guitarists don't you Holly?" He spat. I closed my eyes and shook my head, I didn't trust my voice. He smiled viciously. "Oh you didn't tell them did you? I went on tour with these guys and they sang your praises and you didn't even bother to let them know?" 

Jack and Alex looked confused and stared at each other before looking at me, with wide eyes. "What? Matt, what the fuck? Let her go she didn't do anything!" Jack shouted 

"No." I whispered and pushed my knee up so it hit his crotch. I tried to run but my knees buckled underneath my weight. Matts hands were trembling with a rage he couldn't control. He knelt down beside me and sneered before taking something out of his pocket. I felt tired and my eyes started to droop until I felt nothing anymore.The last thing I heard was laughter, echoing again and again. 

"Holly! Deary come here!" I heard a voice from downstairs call. 

The sickeningly sweet voice sings through the extraordinarily large house. I immediately drop the picture I was holding, tuck it under my mattress carefully and scurry down the stairs. As I reach the bottom of the stairs I see two uniformed-clad men holding briefcases. They talked in hushed tones until they saw me arrive. Their faces suddenly turn into a mask of pity and fake smiles. My face must have shown my confusion as a hand was placed on my shoulder and a face bent down to talk to me.

"Don't worry Holly, these men are going to take you away for a while okay?" Aunt Elizabeth said raising her drawn on eyebrows. She lived an extravagant life, very unlike her sister, my mum. Her now-third husband was a weathly CEO and they lived in a enormous house, which was too big for the two of them. 

"Why can't I stay with you?" I asked, sticking my lower lip out. She hesistated, obviously thinking of an excuse. Oh yeah. She hated children. I turned on my heel away from her and walked out the door. The door closed on Aunt Elizabeths heavily-botoxed face. I was led from the house and into a sleek black car. I had never been in a fancy car like this. 

"Do I have to go back to Mum and Dad?" I asked, my voice shaking. The shorter, stouter man in the passenger seat shook his head, "It's your choice Holly." he said before turning again and focusing on the road ahead.

"Don't make me go back. Please." I whispered and leaned my head against the window, watching the moon chase the car.