Chapter 7

(Justin's pov)
-7pm-
Christie and I eventually came back and watched tv in our room. I was so exhausted from last night that I crashed on the bed in less than 5 minutes. The meth finally took its toll on me. I just woke up with Christie's head on my shoulder. She's still watching tv, keeping to herself. I shift in bed a little bit; then she looks up at me.
"Hey," she cracks a smile, snaking her arm across my chest.
"Hey babe, what time is it?" I stretch myself awake and let out a yawn.
"7pm," she replies in a frail voice, sitting straight so I can wake up even more. I summon the energy to use my arms and lean my back against the headboard.
"Were you tired or something?" she fixes her long sleeves before taking her place right beside me.
"I guess," I put my arm around her, figuring I better not tell her about the drugs I did last night. It's no big deal, so why should I have to tell her.
"I told you I didn't want to wake you up this morning. I feel always bad," she remarks while leaning on my chest and wrapping her thin arms around my body.
"Yeah, but I'm hungry anyway," I shift in bed and give her a peck on the cheek.
"I still feel bad," she bites her lip, and I chuckle softly, adoring her cuteness.
"I need to go see what they're doing for dinner," I climb off the bed, taking her hand and bringing her with me. Khalil and Za sit on the couch while Ryan's on his phone at the table.
"Aye, what's for dinner?" I step out into the room, glancing behind me to see Christie.
"We were thinking a taco place down the street," Za keeps his eyes attached to the tv screen, and so does Khalil.
"Ok, you cool with that, babe?" I turn towards Christie, and she nods softly, yet I can't read her. She'll say yes to everything, but in her mind, she can't be completely okay with eating. That uncomfortableness will stay for awhile, at least until she's used to eating, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep her on the right track. Even though I'm not on the right track myself.
"Ok then, let's go." The guys eventually get up and slip on their shoes and jackets before they're ready to go. I lead Christie out the door, the others following us. Since we're going in Ryan's car, he takes the wheel while me and Christie sit down next to Khalil in the backseat.

The car zooms for a good five minutes, then halts in front of the building, and we all enter the restaurant. It's fairly small, but I'm pretty sure it's worth the money. After we all order, we find a table against the wall.
"Bieber, does Christie know about the plan?" Khalil mutters quietly while Christie pours herself a glass of water.
"I'll tell her in a moment," I assure him, then step over to Christie as she presses on a plastic lid and reaches for a straw.
"We're sitting over there, baby," I point to the table across the room.
"I know," she smiles and nods radiantly before stepping away. I get myself a glass of Sprite, then head in the same direction. After sitting beside Christie, I gently place my hand on her thigh, careful not to hurt her.
"This is good shit," Ryan speaks with his mouth full, and Za agrees in the same manner. Khalil keeps checking his phone, most likely something business-related.

After we finish dinner, we hop in the car and make our way back to the condo. The guys mess around and have a little cigarette break in the parking lot, and I'd love to stay and light up, but Christie's more important. Plus, cigarettes aren't shit compared to weed or meth. Once I close the condo door, I pull Christie in my room to explain the plan to her. Hopefully, she won't be too bothered by it.
"Christie, just the let you know, we're gonna get payback by blowing up the Mafias' car. There may be some fighting, but don't worry about me. This shouldn't take long, babe. Trust me, we've done this before," I stand in front of her as she stares at the floor in complete stillness.
"Are you ok with that?" I step in closer so that I'm a mere few inches away from her.
"Yeah, just be careful," she speaks softly without looking back at me. I know she's not ok with it, but arguing won't make her change her mind.
"Thank you, baby...I owe you one," I gratefully kiss her cheek before leading her back outside into the parking lot.

"Alright bro, you ready?" Za catches my eye, then stomps out his cigarette.
"Yeah," I open the car door for Christie, then turn to face the guys.
"Khalil and Ryan are just finishing something up," Za states and stuffs a pack of cigarettes in his pocket while I step a foot inside the car.
"Ok," I state before shutting the door and pulling Christie close. Za walks back inside the condo building, so Christie and I are now alone.
"Since I owe you one, do you have something in mind?" I smirk in the darkness of the backseat, leaning closer to her.
"I don't know. Maybe," she smiles shyly, rolling her eyes in bashfulness.
"I wonder what it is," I raise an eyebrow at her, and I'm fully aware that I'm making her blush like crazy. I love my effect on her.
"Stop that," she giggles and harmlessly pushes me away.
"Kiss me," I blurt out teasingly, smirking at her as she interprets my words. Soon Christie kisses me softly, making me smile in the kiss. While our lips move in sync, I trace my finger over the faded scar on her neck.
"Mm, that's sexy, baby," I mumble in the kiss, which causes her to blush and break our intimate connection; then, Khalil, Za, and Ryan burst in the car. In a matter of seconds, it's like the kiss never happened.
"Ok, let's get this done." Speaking to himself, Ryan starts the car and drives off into the night.