Chapter 45

(Justin's pov)

"Yes!"

I grinned happily. We finally got everything set up and ordered. I just need to pick out a house tomorrow. Khalil, Za, Ryan, and I spent all day setting the wedding up. We ordered some stuff, which should be in before the wedding. We heard the car pull in, then quickly sat on the couch and turned on the tv, pretending to watch it. The door opened, then I saw Christie march in our room and shut the door. I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up, giving the girls a confused look. Stacy sighed, then motioned me to come here. I walked up to her, but not too close.

"What's up with Christie?"

My voice was concerned.

"Some chick came up to us and started talking shit to Christie. I don't know exactly what she meant, but Christie's been quiet ever since"

Stacy seemed just as concerned as me, but I'm sure I was more concerned. I sighed and walked into our room to see Christie crying in her hands on the bed. My heart hurt at the sight and sound of that. I sat beside her and rubbed her back soothingly as she cried. I decided not to say anything, because she's crying too hard.

"I can't do this"

Christie sobbed in her hands.

"What does that mean? Baby, what's wrong?"

I spoke even though I decided against it. It better not mean what I think it does.

"I never thought about the consequences. I couldn't help it"

Her voice was shaky and wobbly.

"What? Christie, what consequences?"

I was so confused about why she was acting, crying like this.

"Look at this! Justin, does this look good?! Do you think people want to see this?! Do you think I want to see this?! I hate this. I hate myself for being so stupid"

She pulled her sleeves up, revealing the scars as she screamed and cried. My heart jumped and stomach churned at the topic we were on. Her words left me speechless and frozen. It took a few moments for me to process everything she said.

"Tell me, does this look good?"

She was hiccuping from crying so hard. I hated when that happened.

"...No, it doesn't. But Christie, who gives a fuck? I know you regret doing that, but it's how you felt at the time. You can't take that back, neither can I. It may bring back bad memories, but you have to move on. Think about the future. Christie, who gives a fuck? The others won't care. Even if they did. Who gives a fuck about their opinion? Who's opinion should you be worried about?"

I can't afford to have her go through this hell again.

"Christie...who's opinion should you be worried about?"

I stepped close, pulling her sleeves down before grabbing her hands.

"...Yours"

She mumbled, lowering her head and eyes to the floor. I felt kinda guilty for making her feel bad, so I hugged her. She wasn't crying anymore, just breathing deeply. I moved her away then put my hands on her waist and the back of her neck. I kissed her soft and slow, feeling her lips against mine. She kissed back until my tongue asked permission in her mouth. She stopped and pulled away.

"I don't want to do this right now"

She muttered softly.

"I just wanna kiss, baby"

I pulled her back in. She nodded, and I kissed her again. She let my tongue enter, then I wrapped my arms around her, like a hug. She did the same. We kissed until we were breathing deeply.