Chapter 25

(Christie's pov)
I rest my head on the bed again after having just used the bathroom.
"I look terrible," I mutter, more to myself. I didn't realize how messy I looked until I saw myself in the bathroom mirror. My hair's a mess; I have dark circles beneath my eyes; my lips are dry; my entire appearance is just awful.
"No you don't, baby," Justin holds my hand.
"Yes I do. My hair's a mess and I have bags under my eyes and everything." I don't mean to complain, but I already feel bad. Why do I want to look bad too?
"You're just tired, babe. And don't worry about your hair." His fingers stroke through my hair until isn't as messy.
"There, it's better," he grins sweetly.
"Thanks."
"So, what can you eat for dinner?"
"Probably, jello or something."
"Man, that sucks, babe," he mumbles.
"I know."
"At least you'll get to eat more tomorrow."
"Yea. You should go eat something. I'll be fine," I insist to him.
"...Ok, see you soon, beautiful," he kisses my temple, then walks out the door. Shortly after, I press the button for the nurse.
"Is something wrong?" a nurse asks with concern as she walks in.
"No, I'm just hungry," I shake my head lightly.
"Oh, ok. What do want?"
"Uhm, I guess I'll take jello and some apple juice," I respond softly, bummed that I can't eat anything else.
"Ok. I'll be right back," the nurse walks out. This sucks. I really want something better to eat. My head and stomach hurt, but they said this is normal, that I'm "healing," but it doesn't feel like I'm healing at all. The door opens again, and the nurse sets the tray on the table.
"Thank you." After all, I had to be polite.

"You're welcome"

She smiled before leaving. I moved the table in front of me. The tray looked so empty. It was just a small cup of jello and a box of apple juice. That's my dinner. It sucks, but I ate it anyways. Justin came back about 5 minutes after I finished.
"I'm back," he sounds like he's in a better mood.
"Hi Justin," I smile at him.
"What'd you eat for dinner?" he sits close to me.
"Jello and apple juice," I motion to my empty tray.
"You ok?" Curiosity wavers in his eyes.
"Yeah, just tired," I move the table away so I can recline.
"Let's go to bed," he switches the lights off and moves closer to me.
"I love you," he whispers quietly yet with sadness and guilt.
"I love you too," I smile at him through the dimness of the room. He seems to have lost his elevated mood, because he doesn't smile back. He just puts his head down in his usual position, hiding his face in his arms. I take his hand like I did earlier today, and hold onto it as we fall asleep.

(Justin's pov)
-6am-
-Justin's dream-
It's dark and creepy outside. I'm not sure where I am, but I see a figure hidden in the fog. It gets close enough to make out who it is, Mom.
"Justin, is that you honey?" Her voice is soft and sweet.
"Mom?" I step closer.
"Why'd you do it, Justin?" Her eyes water in despair.
"Do what?".
"Justy, why is mommy crying?" An innocent voice comes from beside me. Jaxon.
"I-I don't kn-"
"Justin, I don't like this." A soft girly voice mumbles from the other side. Jazzy.
"Don't like what, babygirl?" I can't understand what's happening.
"Justin, you know what you did. How could you?" I then hear a strong male voice. Dad.
"Dad, I don't understa-"
"Justin." A gentle voice calls from behind me. Christie.
"Justin, I can't believe you." A tear escapes down her cheek.
"Baby, what-"
I stop to notice that suddenly she's full of bruises and cuts and she has a wound on her stomach. She's pale and really thin again. I notice that my mom, dad, Jaxon, and Jazzy are pale too.
"It's all you're fault!"
"Why did you do this?"
"I hate you!"
"Look what you've done!"
"You're a monster!"
"All you do is hurt people!"
They all scream; then suddenly someone stabs me, and I they all disappear.
-end of Justin's dream-

I shoot up instantly, breathing hard and heavily. I checked myself to make sure I wasn't injured. Just a light sweat.
"Justin, are you ok?" A small voice questions worriedly. Christie. She's ok. It was just a dream.
"Y-yeah," I nod softly and swallow hard before resting my head back down. It's silent. I can't get the dream out of my head. Is it my fault that my family's dead? If I never tried to help Rico out, maybe they wouldn't be dead right now. This is all my fault. My family, my life, Christie. I messed them up. What if I really do get Christie killed? Maybe next time she won't make it.