Chapter 19

(Justin's pov)
I storm into the other room, where all the guys are arguing. Furiously, I push my way over to Twist and point a gun to his head.
"Hey hey! Justin, put it down!" I'm being pulled away by the other guys, making me drop the gun on the floor.
"Za, get him the fuck outa here now!" I bark aggressively.
"What the fuck happened?!" Za hollers back, now unloading the gun I just dropped.
"You don't need to know what happened! It doesn't take a damn scientist to figure it out! Just get this motherfucker outa here!" I snap coldly, and I can feel my blood boil.
"Bro, he said he didn't do anything!" Za shouts in defense of his brother. What the hell does he know?
"And you believed him?! Did you fucking see her in there?! Do you even know what the fucking hell he did?!" I roar furiously, but Za doesn't say anything in response. He just sighs and leaves the room. What a big fucking help (note to sarcasm).
"Bro, just go back to bed," Ryan speaks softly yet sympathetically. Everyone is calm, except me. Don't they fucking care about this? About Christie?
"I can't," I hiss, but lower my voice.
"Calm down, bro," Ryan has a sad look in his eyes. I think he knows that Twist is the real bad guy here. He just can't do much about it. After all, Twist is Za's brother not Ryan's.
"I'm gonna kill you. I told you to never go near her, and now I'm gonna kill you," I growl at Twist before slamming my bedroom door. Christie's still sniffling, but not crying anymore.

"Christie, I'm so sorry this happened. I should've known he would do something," I hold her close against my chest.
"How did you know he was there?" she sounds so shaken, and it hurts me.
"The sink was running for too long, and I heard you. So, I looked under the door, and...just saw something wrong," I soothingly rub her back, feeling the fabric of her shirt over my hands.
"I feel disgusting," she murmurs in frailty.
"Christie, you're perfect. Maybe you should take a shower, babe," I insist after giving her hand a consoling squeeze. She nods softly before disappearing into the bathroom.

My heart hasn't slowed down in the last 20 minutes, and the frustration is killing me. To ease myself, I pop 2 painkillers, then sit down on the bed. After about 10 minutes, I feel numb again, and I'm feeling any emotion at all. It's like nothing happened.

Christie opens the door and walks out with her hair damp and wetting her sweater.
"Feel better?" I ask flatly, even though I'm trying to sound like I care. I really do care. Deep down inside, I truly care about her. My heart cares, but right now, my expression doesn't show it.
"Sort of," she looks down at the floor as she sets her pair of shorts on top of her bag.
"Maybe you should rest," I mumble, then stand up to turn off the lights.
"Yeah, ok," she nods and slips under the covers. I then join her in bed. Since I can't say anything to make her feel better right now, I pull her in and kiss her temple.

-9am-
I open my eyes to see that Christie's staring at the floor, sitting in bed. Shit.
"Hey...Are you ok?" I sit up and shift beside her, so I can whisper in her ear.
"Oh...Uhm, yeah." Her voice sounds sad and damaged.
"Liar." Forming a slight smirk, I whisper back. She instantly turns around to look at me like I'm crazy.
"Did you just call me a liar?" She's barely smiling, and her voice is still low.
"Yeah," I smile warmly at her, admiring the sun rays shining on her skin.
"Why?" Her lips twitch into a stronger smile. She looks so pretty right now, but she'd never believe me if I told her.
"Because you aren't ok. I can tell," I grasp her hand and place it on my shoulder, so she can get the message and face me.
"How?" Her eyes are curious, looking into mine.
"I just can." My smile turns into a grin as I stroke her cheek.
"Name one example."
"Your hands," I grab her hand from my shoulder, then grab her other one as well.
"Why my hands?" Now grinning brightly, she glances down at our hands.
"When you're nervous or scared or worried, you hide your hands in your sleeves," I state knowingly. I remember all the times she has hid her hands in her sleeves. It's her thing, and I find it really cute.
"But...How do you?...I didn't even know that," Christie gives me a bewildered look.
"Well, I guess I know you better than you do," I grin before kissing her cheek. She grins too, but it quickly fades away.
"I tried to make Za do something about what happened last night. I don't know if he will though," I lose my grin as well.
"It's fine. You don't have to do anything," she stands up, distancing herself from me.
"No, it's not fine. I'm not taking you near that bastard again." I try my best to control my anger. Christie simply nods, then goes into the bathroom. This fucking sucks. She was so much happier and barely starting to get better. Now, she's going downhill again, and I won't let her.