Chapter 24

(Christie's pov)
-10pm-
"Shh!" I hear a someone shush, then flip my eyes open to see Khalil, Za, Ryan, and Justin whispering to each other.
"I'm awake, you know," I smile softly.
"Oh hey, baby," Justin grins back.
"Hey Christie," the guys smile too, glancing among themselves.
"Are you doing ok?" Justin moves closer.
"A little," I reply with a shrug.
"You want me to get someone?" he asks in concern.
"I'm fine," I smile faintly to ease his worry.
"Ok," he smiles back, much brighter than I did.
"Well, we better get going. It's getting late. See you guys tomorrow. I hope you feel better, Christie," Khalil waves us goodbye.
"Bye Justin, bye Christie," Ryan follows Khalil out the door.
"Good night. Hope you feel better," Za smiles at us before leaving as well.

"I'm still tired," I breathe out quietly.
"Seriously babe?" Justin shuts the hospital room door.
"Yeah." Because of lack of sleep and how much pain I'm in, I'm not in a good mood.
"Aw, just hang in there. Get some more rest. I'll be here all night," Justin takes my hand.
"Thank you, Justin," I feel grateful for him, more than grateful actually.
"Let's get some sleep." The room went dark except the dim light from behind the bed and the light coming from underneath the door. Justin rests his head down on the open space next to me. Honestly, I don't think he's comfortable, but it looks better than any place else in the room. I hate the way he cried earlier. He never cries, or at least rarely. How could I ever be mad at him? I know the whole thing was an accident, and he was trying his best to protect me. That's more than enough for me.

-8am-
One of the nurses just woke me up and gave me some medicine. It feels like I haven't slept at all, even though that's all I've been doing.
"You can eat something if you'd like," she offers. Yes, I'm so hungry.
"What can I eat?" I ask quietly, so I don't wake Justin.
"You can eat jello, applesauce, popsicles, anything soft. If you're thirsty, it would be best if you get juice or water," the nurse informs me.
"Uhm, just give me some applesauce and water, please," I say quietly.
"Ok, I'll bring that for you," she smiles before walking out the door, shutting it a bit too hard. Justin flinches, then shifts a little. He soon lifts his head up and opens his eyes.

"Who was that, babe?" Justin asks in his morning voice.
"Just the nurse. She says I can eat something."
"That's good, baby," he stretches himself awake, his arms reaching to the ceiling.
"What about you?"
"I'll get something in a minute." The door opens, and the nurse sets the tray on the movable table beside the bed.
"Thank you," I smiles as she leaves again.
"It sucks that I can't have anything else besides this," I mumble.
"It's better than nothing, babe," Justin smiles warmly. He's right.
"I'll feed you if you want," he offers in amusement.
"I can feed myself, thank you," I smile bashfully.
"Just kidding, baba. I need to step out for a few minutes. I'm hungry too," he stands up tiredly. I nod gently. He pecks my cheek, then stepped out. After I eat, I turn on the tv. Nothing's on, so I just lie back. Justin's taking a long time compared to yesterday. Finally, he walks in.

"Hey baby," Justin steps in with a huge smile on his face. He looks like he's up to something. His hands are behind his back.
"Uhm, hi," I give him a suspicious look.
"Guess what, babe," he walks closer.
"What?" I can't help but giggle at him.
"I got you these to make you feel better." Then Justin hands me some pink roses with a purple teddy bear.
"Omigod Justin, these are beautiful," I exclaim and admire the flowers.
"Yeah, but not as beautiful as you, baby," he kisses my cheek, making me blush.
"Thank you so much, Justin. I love you," I pull him close to kiss him, careful not to hurt myself.
"I love you too, babygirl," he grins once we break the kiss. The door open once again to reveal Khalil, Za, and Ryan. They were all holding balloons and Za's holding a small box.
"Good morning, Christie," they all let the balloons rise to the ceiling, and Za sets the small box on the table in front of me.
"Open it," Za motions me to open it. I do, and I think Za could be my 2nd favorite person ever, because there's a slice of strawberry cake inside.
"Thank you guys so much. This is amazing," I grin thankfully.
"We knew you'd like it," Ryan beams proudly.
"How are you feeling?" he asks.
"Better now," I feel so happy right now, despite my injury.
"We're gonna stick around for a while," Khalil sat down in a chair. So did the rest of them.
"...Ugh, it's boring here," Ryan groans.
"It hasn't even been 3 minutes yet," I point out.
"Well, there's nothing to do, and there's nothing on tv," Ryan complains.
"Why don't you guys go to look around downstairs or something. There's a ton of stores and restaurants," Justin suggests.
"Is that ok?" Za looks at me for permission, like they really need it.
"Yeah, it's fine." I go with it anyway.
"Ok, We'll bring something back for you guys," Za waves goodbye as they walk back out.