Chapter 31

(Christie's pov)

"I didn't...I didn't mean to. I felt sorry for him"

I lied, because Za is very close to him. He can't lose one of his best friends because of me. Plus, I promised Za, and I didn't want him dead, literally.

"You feel sorry for everyone, Christie"

Justin spat back.

"I'm sorry, Justin. It wasn't that bad. You did worse"

I muttered irritably.

"I didn't do anything"

Justin pushed me against the wall.

"Shut up, Justin! I know you did!"

I pushed him away.

"You have no fucking clue, bitch"

Justin snapped coldly. My heart was now officially broken. The tears built up in my eyes. Ouch, that hurt. At that moment, I slapped him hard across the face, leaving a mark. Then, I felt a sharp sting against my cheek, making me fall to the floor and yelp. Justin hit me. He actually hit me for the first time. I sobbed and cried hard into my sleeves. It was quiet. All I heard was panting coming from Justin.

(Justin's pov)

What have I done? Shit shit shit shit! Why did I do that?! I knelt beside her.

"Shit, Christie I'm-"

"Stop. You're not sorry, Justin. Leave me alone"

She cried.

"Christie, please. I don't know what got into me"

I touched her hands.

"Don't touch me!"

She jerked back.

"Christie, please don't leave me. I'm so sorry"

I blocked the door so she wouldn't leave. I don't know how that's gonna work, but I'll take my chances. Christie held her cheek as she crawled to the door.

"Move Justin"

She tried to stop crying, but I could tell she couldn't.

"Christie, no-"

"Move"

She pulled on the door, but I pushed it back.

"You're not walking away from me like this"

I took her hand.

"Stay away from me. I'm leaving"

Christie cried, tugging away.

"Christie please...stay"

I practically begged her on my knees and everything.

"No Justin. I don't wanna be with you anymore. You always end up hurting me. You break your promises, you lie to me, you never listen to me and things always get messed up because of it. Now let me go"

She tugged and I let her go. She's right. I fuck everything up. Christie left just like that, and I let her. What do I do? Should I go and try to get her back? Or should I just let her go? I know what'll help me decide. Drugs. I stuffed my stringed backpack with drugs and pills, then got the fuck out of there. I popped a few pills in my mouth on the way to an alley. That's how desperate I was to get rid of the feelings. The need for numbness was overwhelming, so I smoked every type of drug in the bag. I forgot about everything, and just let the feeling of numbness and peace overwhelm me.

(Christie's pov)

I have no idea where I'm going. Just anywhere away from Justin. My cheek felt swollen. Justin hits really hard. I can't believe he actually hit me. He hit me. He...hit me. And it hurt, inside and out. Maybe he wasn't lying. Maybe he did stay behind. I mean, it doesn't seem like something he would do. But even if he wasn't guilty then, he is now. He still hit me. And honestly, I wasn't guilty either. I was just backing Za up, so they could still be friends. So here I am. No money, no place to sleep, no food or water, and it's getting dark. It was freezing, so I need to get inside before I freeze my ass off. I entered an nearby coffee shop. Too bad I can't order anything. I went to the bathroom, then looked at my reflection in the mirror. Omigod, there was a huge bruise on my cheek. Justin hit me that hard. I wiped my eyes, because they were watering up. I sat at a table, and put my head down. Hopefully, I'll be able to rest here a couple hours before someone kicks me out.