Chapter 8

My mom was finally released from the hospital after two days.

"Are we going home now?" Connor asked.

"Yup, you get to sleep in your own bed." I said watching him smile big.

We where escorted home. When we got home my mom just went upstairs and stayed in her room for a few hours. When she finally came out she was wrapped in her sweater and wore her cozy slippers. "Hey honey." She said walking to the living room entrance.

"Hi." I said avoiding eye contact.

"Can I talk to you in the kitchen for a minute?" It was more if a command then a question.

"I'll be right back." I said to Connor and Scarlet.

"Can you watch them?" I asked Hayes. She nodded.

We both sat at the table she held her cup of tea tight. "Cameron." She began.

"You know money has been tight around here for a while." She said looking at me, waiting for me to take a hint.

"Ya, I've noticed. Connor is starting to grow out of his shoes." I told her with a bit of attitude.

"What does that mean?!" she asked.

"It means you should stop spending all your god damn money on alcohol an drugs and start taking better care of your children".

She looked angry with the words that had just come out of my mouth and I could tell she was holding back a few of her own.

"Yes, I know and that's why I'm going to try to get better. I'm selling this house and were going to move into a small apartment down the street." She explained.

I sat there with a blank look on my face not knowing how to react.

"Will we have more money?" I questioned.

"Yes, that's the whole point." She told me.

"Okay." I said standing up from the table and walking back to the living room.

"Cam, my parents just got back, they want me to go home".

I just nodded to her not wanting to speak, still letting what my mother just told me sink in.

"We'll talk about it later, okay?" She hugged me then walks out the door.

*the next day*

*Hayes pov*

I was on my way to get Cam for school and I noticed a for sale sign in her front yard. I knocked on the door and she walked out. "Is your mom selling the house?" I asked.

"Yup, were really low on money. We're moving into that apartment across from your house." She explained.

We walked to school talking about her moving.

As soon as we got to school we headed to our class.

When the bell rang at the end of the day Cam and I booked it out of school. "The new episode of Criminal Minds is on at 8!" I shouted as we ran down the street.

"I know! Connor has a soccer game at 6 till 7:30, so the timings perfect!" Cam said excitedly.

We ran inside and threw our bags on the floor. We jumped on the couch and turned on the tv. The rerun of last weeks episode was on! We squealed and giggled, fangirling over the show.

"I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact the Spencer Reid is a fictional character!" Cam squealed.

"Eehhhhhh! ME TOO!" I giggled.

We left as soon as it was over to get Connor from school and Scarlet from daycare. We got Connor ready for soccer and brought him to his game. When the game was over Dianne, Cam's mom, picked us up from the game and took Cam and I back to my house for Criminal Minds.

When the episode was over Cam put her backpack on. " Better get home it's getting late." She said.

"Okay, I'll come over tomorrow and help you with the move." I told her waving good bye.

"Move? Where is she moving?" My mom asked.

"Just across the street from us, into that apartment." I explained to her.

"Ooh thats great! Now you two will be even closer." She said happily.

I could tell something was bugging he I jut wasn't sure what it was...