Chapter 11

"Girls we can explain." Hayes 'parents' said.

"Explain then." I said with attitude.

"When you where 2." My mom began. "Your brother, Adam was killed in a drive by shooting. He was only 8 at the time. I couldn't handle two baby's after your dad left." She explained.

"Why did he leave?" I questioned.

"Because when Adam died I tried so hard to forget and isolate my self from the world. I got associated with alcohol and drugs and that's what drove him away." She told me starting to cry.

I sat there with the most disapproving look on my face. "Well, are you gonna explain?" Hayes snapped.

"We have been friends with Dianne since high school and she had Adam at such a young age, we helped raise him. When we heard she was struggling we offered to take you." They told her.

She didn't answer. "If you couldn't handle us, why didn't dad take us?" I asked.

"I didn't want him to take the only thing I had." My mom said.

I sat there thinking about what to say. "What about me?" Hayes asked. "Why didn't dad take me?"

"He was already gone by the time I gave you away." My mom said.

I couldn't take anymore of what had just happened. I got up from the table slowly and walked out of the apartment, Hayes followed me.

I caught a small bit of what my mom said as I walked out the door. "That song I always play was about you two."

Hayes and I walked for hours. When we got back to my apartment Hayes parents had left and my mom was asleep on the couch. We snuck to my room and sat on my bed. "I don't wanna stay here." She said.

"How difficult would it be to live on our own?" I questioned.

"Probably really difficult unless we where famous." She said jokingly.

"Light bulb!" I said excitedly.

"Ooh no. What did I do?" Hayes said face palming.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a box. The box had money, pawn-able things, and other stuff in it. "What's this?" Hayes asked.

"My 'Lets run away Hayes' box." I told her.

"Holy shit how many grams of weed is here?" She said really surprised.

"About 150-200 dollars worth. 100 in pawn-able stuff and like $700 dollars." I told her.

"Where'd you get it? Like the weed?" She asked

"I stole it from my mom, she has so much she didn't even notice"

"Ooh my god. Are we really gonna run away?" she asked.

"Let's take a train to Hollywood." I said with a smirk.