Chapter 12

Hayes and I stayed up for the rest of the night planning our run away. We counted all the money we had $1000. "How are we gonna get on the train?" She asked.

"The guy who drives the train is a big stoner. If we give him a few grams, 50 bucks and a diet coke he'll take us anywhere and won't say a word." I told her.

We separated 5 grams and 50 bucks from all the rest. We put the drugs in a ziplock baggie and put it in an envelope with the $50. I called my John, my friend from school who is a drug dealer, we arranger for me to give I'm the 12 grams and he give us the $120. We packed a few things in one bag, cloths, tooth brushes, makeup, etc. We put a blanket and a small pillow in the other. We had a small bag for the money. With $1070 we could get just far enough in Hollywood before someone noticed us.

"Are you ready?" I asked Hayes in the morning as the sun was rising.

In a little over 12 hours we would be on our way to Hollywood. "We should go up to the roof and watch the sun rise. It is our last day in New York." She said smiling.

We went up to the roof and watched the sun rise on the beautiful late summer morning. We went back after and showered, ate and slept for a few hours. "Cam?" Hayes said calling my name half asleep.

"Yes."

"You still need to do the trade off with John."

"Shit!" I said sitting up looking at the time.

*5:37pm*

"I have to meet him in like 43 minutes" I said quickly putting in eyeliner and no other makeup.

As we where walking out the door Connor and Scarlet where sitting on the couch. "Hey, listen. I need you two to listen very carefully to what I'm about to say, okay?" I said crouching down in front of them. "If you ever need me you have my number, if mom goes crazy you call 911. Connor I want you to look after Scar, keep her safe, protect her from anything and everything okay? I'll be back again to get you out of here someday soon, I promise."

"Where are you going?" Scarlet asked.

"I'm going away for a little while, but I love you two so much and I promise I will send you letter, but you have to promise me something too." I told them

"What is it?" Connor questioned.

"I need you to not tell anyone about me sending you letters, not even mom. Okay? but you have to promise me and lock it." I said holing out my pinky.

We pinky promised and locked it with our pointer fingers.

I kissed them both on the forehead and have them big hugs. "I love you." I said.

I put a necklace on Scarlet and gave Connor a dove pin to remember me by and keep them safe.

It was so hard for me to leave them but I finally shut the door to the apartment.

Hayes and I walked down to the main floor and out the side door. I took one last look up at the apartment and blew a kiss to my baby brother and sister waving good bye.