Chapter 15

MAX'S POV

I walked up to Cam's apartment pretty excited to see her because I just got back from Maine and haven't seen her since I left two weeks ago.

I finally reached her room and knocked on the door, her mom opened it and let me in.

"Is Cam here?" I asked politely

"Um, no.. she isn't"

"Where is she?"

"I actually have no idea"

I was furious how can she not know where the hell her child is!

"What do you mean you have no idea?!"

"Exactly what I said, I checked on her this morning and she wasn't in her room"

"So she ran away?"

"Yup"

"Are you doing anything about it?"

"Nope she'll be back, she can't last two days by herself"

"What kind of parent are you?! what did you do to her? why did she leave?! she's gonna get herself killed she can't be out there alone! You gotta do something, and you have to do it now, if you don't I will"

"Excuse me? I didn't do anything to her-"

I cut her off "oh so you haven't been drinking or doing drugs, because its hard to deal with you're mom when she's like that especially if you don't have a dad!"

"She's not alone Max. She's with Hayes"

"Hayes is gone to?! what the hell!"

"Yeah she found out she was adopted yesterday so se didn't want to be at home anymore so she left and you're probably right Cam probably left because I'm such a TERRIBLE GOD DAMN MOTHER!" she said the last part sarcastically but I believed her when she said that because she hasn't been the greatest mother to Cam.

"Who's Hayes' mother? do you know?"

"Yeah, and I am...."

"YOU KEPT THAT BIG OF A SECRET FROM BOTH OF THEM?! WHY DID YOU EVEN PUT HAYES UP FOR ADOPTION"

"because I couldn't handle to kids"

"Right because you couldn't afford to take care of your kids because you spent all your money on alcohol and drugs. Why don't you try being a mother for once and go out and look for her"

"Get out of my house"

"Gladly"

I stood up and walked out of her apartment as soon as I shut the door I pulled my phone out and called CAS (Children's Aid Society)

"Hello?

Hi, my name is Max and I'm calling because my girl friends family is in danger, her mother is an alcoholic and also does drugs, she has three- four children two 15 year olds and two younger ones

Okay thank you we will send someone over or call her house, what's the number?

362-980-2385

Alright thank you, have a good day

Thanks you too, bye"

With that I hung up the phone and exited the building. As I walked out I saw Jake, Hayes' boyfriend walk out of her house.

"Did you hear? he asked me

"Yeah, I heard... I wonder why they didn't tell us"

"Yeah, me too... but I'm not worried about that right now, I'm more worried about where they are, we need to find them"

"I agree, but where would they go"

"I'm not sure but there's no way they'd stay here if they ran away, they'd get caught, there's so many cops around here"

"Exactly, so we know they aren't here"

The two of us just sat here thinking of places they could go

"HOLLYWOOD" Jake screamed

"What about it?"

"Remember a few weeks ago they said they always wanted to go there?"

"You're a genius, lets go!"

We ran to the nearest train station, it only took us 30 minutes to get there but when we did we asked around to see if people had seen them last night.

I walked up to a worker and asked "hi, did you see these girls here last night?"

"Hmmm, I'm not sure if it was them but I did see two girl jump into a train, there was a whole bunch of hay in the wagon but Keith the driver let them in so I assumed they paid"

"Where was the train heading" jake asked quickly

"Hollywood, I believe"

Okay, thank you so much"

"You're welcome"

"Wait, do you know when the next train there is?"

"It leaves here in five minutes"

Jake and I made instant eye contact "we gotta go" I told him before we both started running to the train we reached the train right on time, hopping in to a wagon.

"Hey Max?"

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't we try calling them before we decided to go to Hollywood without telling our parents or anybody for that matter?"

He had a pretty good point I don't know why we didn't think of that, it probably would have been a good idea too... I pulled my phone out of my pocket just to see that it said I had no service.

"I have no service man"

"Neither do it"

With that we both say back and watched outside as we were on our way to Hollywood to find Hayes and Cam.