Chapter 1 | Start of Something New

Rolling out of bed, Hailey felt different. She had no clue what it was, but today did not feel like an ordinary Friday. Something new was going to happen. She could feel it in her bones. She just hoped it was good.

She made the small trek to her bathroom, careful not to wake her little sister up. She had school while Trinity would not be attending until hours later. Perks of her being in elementary school. Her oldest brother Josh would wake her up. She was jealous that she got to sleep in. She wished nothing more than for a few more hours of sleep. Maybe even a days worth.

She shut the bathroom door, flipping on the light. She was instantly startled by her own reflection. Her locks of brown hair tangled into a mess, almost like a bird's nest. She sighed. No matter how much she tried, her hair always tangled in her sleep. She turned the knob to the shower, letting the cold water heat up. She slipped out of her baggy t-shirt and running shorts before stepping into the hot water. She felt her muscles soon start to relax.

She was tense about the upcoming college applications. She had a couple of weeks before she'd have to turn them in. She didn't know where to apply. She didn't know if they'd even be able to afford it. Ben went to school, but because he got a full ride for baseball. They didn't need to pay much, or anything at all.

Her, on the other hand, she didn't do much except work and babysit. Sometimes she wished she had the same athletic abilities as her brothers. Maybe she could learn soccer before the end of the year She shook her head and began to wash her body. She made sure to pay close attention to the knots that formed while in bed.

Once done, she slipped out of the shower. Wrapping herself in a warm fluffy towel, she stepped out of the bathroom. She was careful to not run into her annoying siblings before stepping back into her bedroom. She looked over at Trin, seeing her sound asleep. She was instantly jealous.

She walked over to their shared closet and chose a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with a few rips in the knees and an old maroon baseball t-shirt that belonged to Ben. Handy downs from him were her favorite. She enjoyed watching baseball more than she'd ever admit. Sometimes she wish she played softball, but knew she'd suck.

She slipped on her old, not white anymore, Vans and walked over to her desk. There was a mirror placed on top to double as her vanity. She snatched her brush and began to tame her locks. She then let it dry into its natural waves.

"Hailey! Breakfast." She heard one of her siblings shout. She looked at Trinity and saw her slightly stir. She held her breath before seeing her snuggle back into their shared bed. She let out the breath before walking out of their room. She didn't want to deal with Trinity's crankiness of being woken up too early. That child definitely has an attitude.

Hailey then walked into the kitchen. All her brothers were waiting for her. Four plates sat out as Josh's back was next to the stove. She could smell his world famous French Toast. They were phenomenal, especially because he uses nutmeg with the cinnamon.

"Hailey, can you watch Trinity tonight?" Luke asked. She sat down at the counter and turned to look at him. She quickly shook her head. "Why not?"

"It's your turn." She stated. They all took turns hanging out with her sister. She can be a little over the top.

"But Zac Logan is having another party." Luke whined. She quickly shook her head. She didn't really know who he was. All she knew was that he was supposed to be some bad boy who parties and sleeps with strange girls. She did not want any part of that.

"I don't even know him or who he is. Besides, no drinking until your twenty-one." Hailey stated again. Luke began to pout, earning a glance from Josh. She ignored Luke, not wanting to waste her Friday night indoors.