Chapter 8 | Same Girl

Have you ever had one of those days where everything seemed too perfect to be true? Where everything was going right and one was just waiting for the other shoe to drop? Being at an ultimate high, only to be dropped all the way down? Zac never expected the other shoe.

Zac was on a high from happiness and excitement. He had hung out with Hailey for hours yesterday. They talked about everything and anything. He was in awe at what he found out about the girl. He was now more enticed by her than he thought. He had it bad, like really bad.

It was now Monday morning. He was avoiding his best friend, not that Nate was even looking for him. He hadn't heard from him since the party. Zac was kind of glad because he needed time to think about everything. He was still confused about his vague answers and why he didn't want to talk about it. He needed to know what he was hiding.

Walking into homeroom, his eyes were instantly drawn to Hailey. She was laughing at something Evan had said. She looked beautiful and carefree. He wished she was his, but they needed time. He wanted to know her inside and out; thankfully, the day before he learned more about her. Now, he just wanted to be around her. He was going to make her his soon.

Walking up to his best friends, he noticed that Nate wasn't there. His shoulders relaxed and he sat down next to Hailey. She turned away from Evan and grinned at him. He smiled back, forgetting his previous thoughts of his best friend and focusing on the gorgeous girl beside him.

"Hi Zac." Hailey said. She smiled. She had curled her hair and managed to look even more beautiful than usual. Zac didn't even think that was possible. She was also wearing a tank top and jeans. It was different than her usual outfit. He hoped she dressed up for him.

"Hi babe. Ready to be back at school?" He joked. Hailey rolled her eyes before turning to look at Mariah, who scoffed.

"Why would anyone be happy to be back at school? It's school." Mariah asked with sass. Zac rolled his eyes. When is this girl not dramatic?

"It was a joke Mar." Zac told her. She stared back at him, unimpressed. Why was he friends with her again?

"Any way, it's my first day at Carl's!" Bella said changing the subject. Hailey felt herself become nervous. Carl had called her last night and told her the news. She was excited to have Bella working with her, but nervous too. She was supposed to help train her around the diner but that also meant that the boys, specifically Zac would be coming in more. She was nervous enough being near him and now she had to serve him. She was barely able to survive the first time!

"How do you feel about my twin intervening in your work life?" Evan asked with a raised eyebrow. Hailey giggled at his professional tone. Evan was definitely the jokester of the group.

"I just hope I don't mess up when i'm training her." Hailey joked. The group of them laughed as their homeroom teacher entered. Soon they were focused on school and wishing it was lunch.

-

Later that day, Hailey looked in the bathroom mirror, pleased with her lipgloss. She had woken up early that morning with the need of spicing up her look. She had chosen dark blue skinny jeans and a white lace tank top. She pulled on a light beige cardigan on top to prevent being dress coded. She even wore a pair of sandals instead of sneakers. She was definitely dressed out of her comfort zone.

 She was definitely dressed out of her comfort zone