Chapter 11 | My Dilemma

As Hailey stepped into her home, she felt Luke's glare start to increase. She ignored him as she stepped deeper inside. She went up the stairs towards her room. She saw Trinity playing with her toys, not acknowledging her presence. She slid off her sneakers and dropped her backpack by the door.

"Oh hey Hailey!" Trinity said finally hearing her. Hailey smiled, not quite meeting her eyes.

"Hey Trin." Hailey said to her sister. Trinity went back to playing with her toys, letting Hailey take in some air. A million thoughts were running around as she heard someone clear their throat.

"Hailey." Luke said. Hailey turned to see her brother glaring.

"What is your problem?" She asked him. She walked out of the room, leaving Trinity. Luke was right behind her as she made her way downstairs. She went into the kitchen, seeing Seth. "Hey Seth!"

"Hey! When is Zac coming over? I want him to take me to the library." Seth asked. He looked up from whatever textbook he was reading. Hailey shrugged. Thoughts of Zac only made her even more confused.

"I'm not sure. He's been super busy lately." Hailey said being vague. Her family didn't know that they had just started speaking again. She went towards the fridge and reached for a water bottle. She noticed she needed to go grocery shopping again.

"Hey Seth, can you go hangout in our room? I want to talk to Hailey." Luke said. Seth raised an eyebrow, gathering his things. He soon disappeared without a second glance. Luke turned to face her. The frown was back onto his face, confusing the heck out of her.

"Luke, can you stop looking at me like that? Why are you angry? What did I do?" She asked him. She sat down at the kitchen island on a bar stool. Luke crossed his arms over his chest, letting out a groan of annoyance.

"You were about to kiss that scumbag." Luke said with disgust dripping from his words. Hailey closed her eyes. She was very well aware of that.

"What I do in my free time is none of your business Luke." She said. Even if Luke hated him, he had no right to tell her what she can and can't do. She's older than him! Luke rolled his eyes.

"Don't you have a date with that one guy Jackson?" Luke asked with a raised eyebrow. She rolled her eyes. Of course he'd get the name wrong.

"His name is Jordan." She said politely. Luke stared at her, unfazed.

"My point being, you can't string along every boy you meet." He said. She stared at him, confused. What was he talking about?

"Huh?" She said.

"Jordan asked you out. Nate was about to kiss you. And Zac, well that boy claimed you as his. You need to fucking choose Hails." Luke said before he marched out of the room. She felt her mouth drop open in bewilderment. She did not have three guys pining for her.

Jordan barely knew her and just asked her out. She was being polite, since they had just met. For all she knows, there could be potential for them. She's never had a boyfriend so she isn't sure how dating even works.

Now for Nate, she was confused. That boy had been cold and mean to her for years. She still remembers meeting him at the end of Sophomore year when she transferred. He had been a flirt since the start, which she quickly denied his advances. His teasing tone only added to her annoyance about him.

Now a year later, she was actually enjoying her time with him. Ever since he came back from New York, he seemed happier. He had stopped being rude and vulgar, but still kept his teasing. She actually seemed to like talking to him in class. She definitely enjoyed their outing today. But that wasn't what confused her. What confused her was that he had been sweet to her. His bad boy demeanor had vanished.