Chapter 18 | Nobody But You

With sunny skies and clear days, nothing seemed to be able to go wrong. Only it was, for Zac. Zac paced his room. He had no clue what to do. How was he supposed to decide where he wanted to go to college? He barely could choose what shirt he wore.

Decision day was right around the corner. He had to sign with someone. He had so many options and none seem like the right one. Even his dream school was in the cards. Michigan State had offered a full athletic and academic ride. He had talked to the coaches and was excited to join the team. But then, he also received offers from Stanford University. That coach was also wanting him on the team. He promised to make him a starter. He, too, was offering a full ride.

Zac also got offers from Harvard, Yale, Texas A & M, Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, Arizona State, USC, and Dartmouth. Zac couldn't believe his eyes. He assumed all the schools wanted him because of who his parents were, but also because of his abilities on the field. He knew he had to make a choice and it had to be quick. He only had a few daya left to decide.

He grabbed his car keys and left his house. The real reason he couldn't decide was because of Hailey. It had been a little over two months since they became official. Zac was overjoyed. He knew he loved Hailey but knowing that she was his and only his, made his heart grow. He felt all those cliché things with her and loved it. He loved how she reacted to him. How she cuddled into his side when they're watching a movie with her siblings. He loves how she chews on her bottom lip when she's thinking really hard. He loved how her eyes twinkle when he compliments her and don't even get him started on her blush. The most beautiful thing he has ever seen. He loves every single thing about her.

Zac had taken her out on a few dates. They went to dinner, where Zac discovered she hates cheesecake. They went to the movies. He purposely chose horror. They had even gone on group dates with their friends. They were excited to know that he had finally asked her to be his.

Nate was the only one that was on the fence. Zac tried to push away the thoughts of Nate liking Hailey, but it was difficult for him when Nate wasn't sure if Zac should make it official. Nate kept reminding him that he was leaving soon. Zac assured him that he loved Hailey and would find a way to make it work. Nate back down and only restated that he'd be able to find love again but he will not be able to go to his dream school.

That was one of the many reasons he couldn't decide what he wanted to do. His dad and Nate kept telling him to pursue his dream. If Hailey and him were really meant to be, they'd find their way back to each other later on. Zac didn't want to test that theory. What if Hailey found someone better and stopped loving him? He was scared of what the future holds.

He parked his car on the side of the street. He noticed that he wasn't the only one at the Foster House. He quickly got out, instantly recognizing the cars. He jogged up to the front door and walked in. Josh had made it very clear that he's family now and didn't need to knock. It made his choice that much harder.

"Zac!" He heard Trinity's voice scream. He stumbled back as she stuck herself to his side. He picked her up and hugged her tight.

"Hi princess." He said to her as he put her back onto solid ground. She giggled before smiling up at him.

"Are you here to see Hailey? She's in my room with Mariah and Bella." Trinity said. She was moving her hips side to side. Zac noticed she was wearing another tutu. It was one of the ones she had received for Christmas.

"Are you playing dress up with Ben?" Zac smirked. Trinity shook her head, giggling. "With who?"

"With me." He heard Josh's voice grumble. He turned and saw Josh walk out of the kitchen. He had makeup all over his eyes and face. He had butterfly clips in his hair as he sported a matching tutu.