Markelle Fultz

Markelle POV
My alarm went off, meaning I have to get ready for the draft. I turned around to see my girlfriend, Yvonne sleeping peacefully. I kiss her neck and she wakes up.

"Morning babe" Yvonne said.

"Morning sleeping beauty" I said and kissed her one more time.

"When's the draft?" She asked.

"At 6 but I need to be there earlier" I replied.

"Ok, I'mma go ahead and make breakfast. Then I'mma get Ayden ready so we can leave to the draft" Yvonne said.

I nodded and she went to get Ayden and I got dressed.

Yvonne POV
I went into Ayden's room and he was already awake.

"Hey baby, are you hungry?" I asked as I walk to the kitchen.

I put Ayden in his high chair and started making breakfast. Then Markelle walks in wearing his draft suit.

"Babe can you fix my tie?" Markelle asked and I started fixing it.

I look at him up and down then start taking pictures.

"How do I look?" He asked.

"You look handsome as always babe" I replied.

"Thank you" he said and kissed me.

Markelle walks over to the table and sat next to Ayden. Then Markelle's mom walks in with her dress on. She hugs me and I hug her back.

"Look at my baby, all grown up" she said.

"Oh mom" Markelle said and they embraced each other.

After breakfast, I took Ayden and we went upstairs to change.

O

O

nce I got done we start heading to the draft and waited for Markelle's name to be called out.

"For the 1st pick in the 2017 NBA draft. The Philadelphia 76ers select Markelle Fultz from the University of Washington"

I jumped up and hugged Markelle. He walks up to the stage and puts on his hat and takes a picture. Then we went to his interview and they asked us questions.

"So how does it feel to be a 76ers?" They asked.

"It feels great. I'mma have my family come to every game and watch me play. I think it'll be cool to meet the other players" Markelle said.

"So who were those people here with you tonight?" They asked.

"Those people was my mom, my  girlfriend Yvonne, and our two week old son, Ayden" he said and he took Ayden from me.

"What made you want to be in the NBA?" They asked.

"Well it's a long funny story. It started off when I was 7 years old and my mom had taken me to see the Chicago Bulls. That day was the best day of my life, besides the day Ayden was born. As I was watching the game, I had realized what I wanted to do as my career, I wanted to be in the nba. After the game I got to see MJ and Scottie Pippen. They told me how life was during the NBA, to them it seemed great. Because you get paid for something you love to do. Now look at me, I made it to the NBA and I have a great family" Markelle said and I smiled.

After the interview Markelle took us out then we went back to hotel. After Markelle put Ayden to sleep and I took a shower. We went to bed and I layed my head on his chest.

"I think what you said back there was great" I said.

"Thank you babe. Just to let you know, I'll never leave your side. I'll always be there for you, mom, and Ayden for everything" he said and I kissed him.

"I know you will baby and we'll always be there for you too" I said then we fell asleep.