Joel Embiid

Author's POV
It was July 3, 2017 and Hennessy and Cameron are going to spend the 4th of July with their father for the first time. Cameron and Hennessy are both 11 years old and their father is Joel Embiid and their mother is Rihanna. Once the twins heard that they were going with their dad, they have been trying to bribe their mother into staying home. However she was not gonna leave her kids at home while she's on tour.

Hennessy POV
My twin brother Cameron and I are in the airport arguing with mom. It's not that we didn't want to see our dad, we're just scared that he'll reject us.

"Mom please let us go with you" I said.

"We'll be good and we'll help you with anything" Cameron said.

"I'm sorry kids, but I can't bring you with me this time. Besides it won't be bad to finally see him" mom said as we both put our heads down.

"Look at me you two" mom said and we looked at her.

"Your father is not a bad person. Just give him a chance and I guarantee you that you'll think he's a great father to you guys. Now you two are gonna go to his home in Philly and have fun with him. I love you both" mom said and we boarded our plane.

"We love you too Mom" Cameron said.

We got on the plane and sat next to each other. We both ended up falling asleep with our heads leaning against each other.

Joel POV
I'm at the airport waiting for the twins to arrive. As I was waiting, Rihanna called me.

Me:
Hello?

Rihanna:
Joe Joe, did the twins arrive yet?

Me:
No not yet. Can you at least tell me what they're wearing so it can be easier to find them?

Rihanna:
You'll find out once you see them it's not that hard.

She hung up and from the corner of my eye a pair of twins popped up. I got up and walk over to them as they look around.

"Are you Hennessy and Cameron Embiid?" I asked.

"That's us" Hennessy said.

"Ok well I'm Joel Embiid otherwise known as your father. I'll be taking you guys home" I said and we left.

The whole ride home was very awkward and quiet. Once we got home they put their stuff upstairs and we just basically chilled in the living room.

Cameron POV
Hennessy and I are playing cards in the living room and dad was watching TV. He looked bored and kept on changing the channel. I pulled Hennessy to the hallway and she looked at dad then at me.

"Is it just me or is dad bored out of his mind?" I asked and Hennessy looked over at dad.

"Now that I think of it, he does look pretty bored" she agreed.

"Do you think we should do something?" I asked and we both thought.

"We can let him play cards with us" I said.

"True, mom did say we have to spend time with dad so I don't see why not" Hennessy said.

"Let's go ask him" I said.

We walk over to dad and he was still flipping through channels.

"Dad?" Hennessy said.

He looks over at us and we look at each other.

"Yes?" He asked.

"We...umm...we were just wondering if you wanted to play cards with us. Because you looked bored so we thought we might ask you" Hennessy said.

"Umm...yeah I'll play" he said and we smiled.

Hennessy shuffled the cards and we played gold fish, spoons, B.S and other games. The rest of the day was filled with joy and laughter.

July 4, 2017
Hennessy POV
It's the 4th of July and dad decided to have a party at his house. Me and Cameron are wearing matching outfits but mine is white and red, his is black and red. On the back of my shirt it said Cameron's twin sister, on the back of Cameron's shirt it says Hennessy's twin brother. My hair was put in a long braid, Cameron had his hair like dad's. As Cameron and I were watching TV dad walks in with huge boxes of fireworks.

"I got fireworks so you guys can go pop them" dad said and we went outside.

Author's POV
Cameron and Hennessy were lighting up one of the rockets that usually go flying straight in the air. But not this one. The rocket tipped over facing the twins as they weren't even looking. However, Joel turned his head just in time. The rocket started flying towards them and the twins didn't know what to do. Just before the rocket could hurt any of them, Joel picked up the twins and moved them out of the way. The rocket headed straight to the lake and landed in the water. The twins were so afraid, they kept their eyes closed and held onto their father. Joel's teammates watched the whole thing and were shocked. Joel led his kids into the living room and was able to comfort them. After an hour of comforting his kids, Joel fell asleep with them. Hennessy slept on Joel's right side and rested her head on his shoulder. Cameron fell asleep on Joel's left side with his head resting on Joel's shoulder. Ben and Markelle saw this and took a picture of the three. They were happy to see that 'The Process' had a very soft side in him. Something some people don't see very often.