Chapter 15, Burn

Shutting the door and taking a deep breath, I turn to run to the kitchen but I run into Azazel's chest.

"Sorry can I get to the kitchen?" I say trying to get around him but he keeps on staying in my way.

"Can I look at your hand?" He says. I lift my hand up to see its starting to blister.

"He was from hell he was a devil" he says and turns to tell Abaddon. I run to the sink and run my hand under cold water.

"What are you doing?" Jamiee confusingly asks.

"Oh I burnt my hand and it's getting blisters so I'm cooling it down." I say back.

"Angel your hand is fine... you have no blisters on your hand, are you sure your okay?" She says as she inspects my burnt hand. She can't see it? I look at the boys to see them mouth "she can't see it" I roll my eyes. She's gonna think I'm crazy now!

"Yeah I'm fine" was all I said and walked back to the living room.

"Hey Jamiee do you mind leaving please I think I'm gonna rest for a bit" she nods and walks out the door, I lock it behind her.

"Guys She thinks I'm crazy! Please can we tell her" I desperately say. They immediately shake their head no.

"If she knows and she can see us then it'll make her vulnerable to devils, if she doesn't know then she won't be in danger" Abaddon states. I nod and then curl up on the couch.

Abaddon picks me up and puts me on his knee so I curl up nuzzling my head in his neck.

"Who do you think that guy was?" I ask them. They shook their heads.

"Somethings odd though, he burnt your hand on purpose. Maybe this is a warning? From father?" Questioned Azazel. I look up at Abaddon to see his reaction but he kept a straight face and just wrapped his arms tighter around me making sure I was secure in his arms.

We must have fell asleep because we all jumped up when we hear the apartment fire alarms going off. Immediately I see fire and smoke in my apartment coming through my door. I run to the kitchen wet some towels and run back to the door to shove them at the bottom of the door. The fire starts to calm down almost immediately.

Once the fire has vanished and all that was left was my burnt door and carpet, I see the words "careful" spelled out on my once was creamy carpet.

"That was definitely the same guy, he's from hell and he's using fire as a warning. He's probably working for dad, we need to get her away from him and fast. Twice in one day is bad." Says Azazel. Abaddon nods and goes to my room so I follow him, he grabs my suitcase from under my bed and turns to me,

"Grab what you need and we'll leave okay?" I reply by nodding and grabbing clothes, underwear, socks, shoes, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair brush, tooth brush, makeup, phone charger, and earphone. Azazel grabs my suitcase and asks Abaddon where we are going.

"My place" is all he says and Azazel nods. We walk outside and to the same place where Abaddon showed me his wings. Azazel gets his wings out and flies up so fast that I barely saw him.

"Hold on" Abaddon tells me and I do as I'm told and soon we are flying too.

Now to see where Abaddon has been staying this whole time.