Chapter 3

My eyes flash open at the sound of my alarm. I roll over reaching for the vibrating device I turn off the alarm and sit up rubbing my eyes. I wasn't going to lie I felt like trash I didn't want to go to school today but again, who did?

I got up from my bed and went straight for my closet. I took out a pair of light blue jeans and my favourite f/c hoodie. I guess Kenny was right I never wore anything interesting I stood there looking through my shirts and ended up taking out a black shirt with a lacy back.

I quickly change, brush my hair and teeth, grab my backpack and head downstairs to the kitchen. I open the fridge looking around until I set on taking an orange and a container full of almonds. I drop it in my bag, zipped it up then threw it over my shoulder.

I was about to leave the kitchen when something on the counter caught my eye. I pick up the small envelope that read my mother's name written in cursive but I didn't recognize it to be her writing. Opening the loose flap to see what was inside revealed to be stuffed with several fifty dollar bills.

I drop the envelope in shock.

I immediately felt nauseous. My mother only worked twice a week at the apportion clinic but it wasn't Saturday so she wouldn't be payed today.

So where did she get this money?

I could only suspect but deep down I knew my thoughts were true. An intimate exchange was her small business on the side. Why she did those things were beyond me.... I quickly walk out of the room and threw my boots on, and out the door. I head to bus stop.

I wanted to walk to school and clear my mind of disgust but I would be late and I couldn't stand another detention with Mr Garrison.

"I guess it's best I took the bus" I huff pressing my fingers to my temple. I saw Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman already standing at the curb. Taking a deep breath I clench the straps of my backpack wiping the frustrations from my face in an instant.

"Hey" I smile joining the group "hey bitch" Cartman smirked "fatass" I nodded respectfully. "Morning Y/n" Kyle waved. "Y/n you just missed it Kyle was roasting fatass" Stan grins "shut the fuck up Stan I was totally beating Kyle!" "Whatever you say" Stan shrugs.

Kyle looks at me oddly in return I give him a questioning look "is everything okay?" He asks hesitantly "ya of course" I lied.

I still felt strange but I knew the feeling would pass so I blew it off and gave Kyle a flashy smile. Kyle still had a hesitate look but then shrugged it off knowing he couldn't pester anymore if I didn't want to share.

Kenny inched over to me "what's up Kenny?" I asked noticing his closeness. "It's cold why aren't you wearing a coat?" He questions pulling at my shirt I shrugged realizing I forgot my coat at home in a panic to leave.

"The bus will be here in less than five minutes. I figured I didn't need it" I answer "I'm fine" I smile. Once again I lied. It was freezing I could see my breath every time I exhaled and it took a lot to not just stand there and shiver.

"She's right it's warm out" Cartman smirked "that's because your fat, fatass!" Kyle yelled annoyed by his comment. "Shut the fuck up you Jew" "don't call me a fucking Jew!" Kyle screeches.

Kenny pulled off his hood which captures my attention. He rarely ever does that but when he does I'm always reminded of his handsome face. "Kenny why are you unzipping your jacket it's not spring" I ask with confusion.

"I know it isn't" "you'll catch a cold!" I explain pulling each side of his coat together. "I thought you said it wasn't cold" Kenny states catching me red handed.

My eyes hook on to his gaze and he stares an me longingly. I'm the first to break our eye contact his beautiful sky blue eyes sending jitters in my stomach.

"It's not. I just don't want you to get sick. You're frail" I make up. He leans towards my face grabbing ahold of my hands. I could see his breath, frosting, and mingling with my own as he holds my redden fingers in his own hand, warming them.

"Y/n you're so full of shit" he huffs a laugh, a shit eating grin upon his face. I pout feeling flustered by his closeness. Normally I would have pushed him away but I truly was cold, knowing this Kenny let's my hands slip from my own.

Instead he shoves his hands into his pockets and brings me in for a hug, his coat wrapping around my body. My cheeks instantly were burning hot I could feel Kenny's figure pressed against mine which made my heart speed up like a racing car. I honestly didn't know if he was messing with me or if he was trying to be nice.

I looked up slightly and saw bruises on his neck they didn't look like hickeys but finger prints almost like someone tired to.... strangle him. "Kenny" I whispered only for him to hear "hm?" "Where did you get those bruises....on your neck" I was careful to make sure the other boys wouldn't hear. Although it was no problem since Cartman and Kyle were too busy at each other's throats while Stan was encouraging the two.

"It's nothing don't worry about it okay?" I finally wrap my arms around him "okay..." I said in a sad tone "what's wrong?" "Nothing" I smiled.

Something must being going with his parents again. Kenny always had bruises, everyone would always make fun mocking that it was dirt but I know in fact it wasn't. Kenny takes his hygiene seriously more then you'd think. I think that has something to do with messing around with girls at school.

Kenny is a playboy after all.

Sure. He's my best friend, I support him and his decisions but I don't support him messing around with people's hearts.

In fact when we first met he tried to mess around with me too, but I shut him down not letting him to take advantage of me. After I made a clear line he hit it off week and became really good friends.

Although I never had feelings for Kenny, which is for the best, some times I wonder if he's doing this just to lead up to a relationship. I would ask but is that something I really want to know?

I prefer to believe in our friendship than risk upsetting him by thinking the way I do.

"Aw look at these two" Cartman teased "how are you not dating?" Stan mentions. I widen my eyes and push Kenny away from me "haha you guys are stupid! We're friends" I spoke sharply.

"We're friends too but you don't do half the shit with us like you do with Kenny" Kyle says flatly. "Ah-" it felt like I was being backed into a corner "oh? The Jewish boy feels left out Y/n" Cartman mocks, I walk over to Kyle and give him a hug.

"Why the hell do you hug everyone else but me?" Cartman questions "because you're an asshole and plus I can't hug all of you" I explain in a snotty tone Stan bursts out laughing alongside Kenny "you bitch!" Cartman tries to grab me but Kyle pulls me out of harms way "leave her alone Cartman" Kyle warns.

"Fuck you!" He retorts stream blowing out his ears. I giggle "Kyle you're so sweet" "he's a pussy" Cartman rages pointing his index finger towards Kyle.

"Watch out Y/n" I back away from Kyle. I stand beside Kenny and Stan as I watch Kyle swing a fist into Cartman's stomach.

This is normal sadly.

"Where's my hug?" Stan asks his face popping into my field of vision. I look at Stan "you have a girlfriend now Stan" I point out the obvious.

"I know but you're a better hugger then Wendy" I press my cheek to Stan's shoulder "that's all your getting, Wendy hates me. We'd both be in our graves if she saw us like that" I state.

"I suppose you're right" he exhales with a hint of fear as he checks his surroundings. Suddenly I felt bitter "you know you probably shouldn't say I'm a better hugger. Wendy would probably get jealous" I spoke, Kenny picking up on my tone gets between us and places arm around his shoulder.

"Ya Stan you can't have two girls" Kenny speaks up "shut up your the one to talk" then they begin to argue and I'm just left standing buried into my thoughts.