Chapter 24

"...Kenny?"

I was astonished. How did he die? Kenny turns his head, two pair of angels hold his arms firmly as they turn towards us. Both gripping staffs in their hands that were free of Kenny's clothes. His eyes widen at the sight of my presence he opened his mouth but he couldn't speak. When he glanced over at the angel standing behind me his expression turned to a sour one.

"You bastards! What did you do to her?!?" Kenny tried to break free of the 'guards.' I try to reach out but the angel stoped me in my tracks. "Why did you kill her?!" Kenny shouted towards the angel but he stood silently and smiled. The way he smiled made my heart sink in my chest. "Well, I mean how else was I going to get you to listen?" He laughed in a cocky tone.

Wait, was my death intentional? I gripped my fingers into fists but let out a long exhale to keep myself from lashing out. "Don't you want to know what I did? I got her to be hit by a car and made sure she suffered a little before being completely crushed. Just like what you did to her heart" my lips twitch and I close my eyes tightly. "You bastard I'll fucking kill you!" He shouted trying to fight free. Suddenly my mind flashes back to a moment ago when we were teleporting.

*
"You need to help me get rid of this person"

"How?"

"If they do something against the heavens rules I can get rid of them easily."

"So, what do I do?"

"Stand there and be pretty."

I thought this person was a villain but Kenny is no villain. Suddenly I snapped back to reality and open my eyes. when I look towards Kenny he out stretches his wings and pries the guards away from him. That was his perfect chance and he took it trying to hurl himself towards the angel. My body moves on my own and I step in front of the angel and wrap my arms around Kenny pulling him down to the ground with me. "Y/n! What are you doing?!" I lay in his chest for a moment then sit up with him.

"Don't you get it? This is what he wants! To get you to go against the rules and be banished to who knows where! Probably heck!" Kenny looks away for a moment in realization. Then he reaches for my hand and holds it tightly; every thing around us goes dim. "Y/n..." he looks up to me and I peer into his blue eyes "do you understand what I'm doing up here?" I stayed silent unsure how to respond. Thankfully Kenny continued his sentence "I'm an immortal. I can die as many times as I'd like and still be able to go back down to earth."

"She knows that Kenneth" I glance at the angel in confusion. The angel begins to chuckle clasping his chest "all those times you've died in front of her, she remembers all of it. Kinda like a dream" he leered towards me as he quoted the word "dream." At that moment I felt a chill slither up my spine. "Those night terrors? Are real?" The angel giggles "you sound so surprised! Ever heard of a miracle kid? Some people are given gifts like that." I glance over at Kenny questioning everything about my "dreams" up until this point. "C'mon Y/n" Kenny begins to stand and helps me up with him. We stood side by side our hands locked together. For some strange reason I felt pure sadness overwhelm me and the angel seemed to sense it. The guards were now at his side as he spoke "how can you hold her hand like that?" "Because I love her" the angel laughs extremely amused and I look to Kenny.

"Then why did you break up with me?" I questioned looking down, pain present on my face. Kenny sighed and brought me to look at him "I wasn't going to come back" "what do you mean?" My heart quickened at the sound of his words. "I came here to bring Karen back. To save her. So she can live in my foot steps." "Oh-ho! Are you trying to trade your life for hers? Foolish boy, you know that wouldn't work even if you wanted to. Karen needs a mortal sacrifice." "Kenny?" Kenny looked away and the angel crossed his arms "you really are an idiot." I pull my hand away from Kenny's and stand in front of the angel "then take my life" "oh?" "Y/n what are you doing?!" Kenny reaches out to grab me but the guards move forward and pull him back.