Chapter 20

Kenny pulls up in my drive way. To my surprise my mother was home. I glance over at Kenny "are you okay?" I ask.

Kenny remains silent gripping the steering wheel tightly, lost in thought. "Kenny?" I call out gently tugging on his sleeve. He looks surprised giving his head a shake before speaking.

"What's wrong?" I give him a saddened look "I'm worried about you" I reply. He gives me smile of reassurance but I could see through his trickery.

"Don't worry about me I'll be alright" I reach over and place my hands on his cheeks and press my lips to him. "I don't believe you, can't you stay with me tonight?" I whisper.

Kenny frowns and slowly pulls my hands away from him "not tonight I have some unfinished business I have to take care of" I nod understanding that there was a lot to take in.

"Okay, promise you won't do anything rash?" I ask as I pull away from him. Kenny nods a smile plastered upon his face. "What do I have to do to make you believe me?" He questions I glance away with a pout "stay with me" he lets out a chuckle in response.

Kenny reaches back and picks something up off the seat. I look over at him curiously only for the item to lands in my lap instantly. When I look down I find his orange sweater nicely folded.

I look up at Kenny with a puzzled expression "if you ever feel that I won't ever come back just wear this..." "you better come back" I object firmly.

"Always for you princess" Kenny leans over and plants a kiss on my cheek leaving me feeling fuzzy inside. I smile softly as he pulls away "alright, I'll take you're word."

I open the car door and step outside holding Kenny's sweater close to me. I close the door and Kenny rolls down the window "bye babe" he snickers playfully "bye" I wave as he slowly pulls out of the driveway and drives off.

I found myself standing in the middle of the driveway for a long time until a light from the house suddenly enveloped me.

"Aren't you going to come inside?" A cold voice spoke. I let my head drop to the ground and disregard what my mother had said. Suddenly I heard footsteps walk towards me then stop.

"I got a call from the McCormick's.... they're worried" "will he be okay?" I mutter turning head to gaze into her eyes. I wasn't sure what I was looking for but for once in my life I yearned for her comfort.

My mother sighs scratching the back of her head visibly unsure what to tell me. I turn around my eyes dropping to my feet "I'll be okay" I state "as long as he is" my mother moves closer to me and brings me in for an embrace. I was shocked for a moment to feel her touch but then accepted it by returning the hug.

She stroked my hair gently "this is exactly how I felt when your father disappeared. It was hard knowing that he was in pain... but it was only a matter of time until he'd leave" my mother's voice slightly trembled.

"It may not seem like it but I care about you a lot. It's really hard to see you when you remind me of him. You're beautiful eyes and hair.... you're exactly like him." Her voice was soft and when we separated we looked into each other's eyes.

"Im sorry I haven't been a mother" I shook my head "it's okay.... it doesn't matter" "it matters to me that's why I signed myself onto the rehab list. They've already accepted, now I just have to attended their therapy.... but I'm more worried about you right now." I avoid eye contact.

Will she stay true to her word? Will she get the help she needs?

"Before your father left he told me something, do you remember....? What I said?" I let out a short exhale "today is only a rainy day tomorrow is another day...." I mutter recalling what mother told me in the past.

"Today is going to be that day and maybe tomorrow" now looking at the ground I nod my head slowly. "I understand..." "let's go inside. I can make your favourite cake" I perk up and she laughs slightly "come on honey." My mother puts her arm around my shoulder and slowly pulls me forward into the house. And for once I'm left smile uncontrollably at my mother's care for me.

Next Day~

"Y/n" a whisper stirs me from my sleep. As I open my eyes slowly I recognize Kenny sitting down beside where I was laying. "Hm?" "Sorry, your mom let me in. It's 5:00 so don't rush" he spoke softly.

I reach out and lace my fingers with Kenny's hand and close my eyes once more, still not with the program. "You should've crawled in beside me" I muttered softly, Kenny chuckles lightly.

"I missed you.... I was so worried about you" I express, opening my eyes meeting Kenny smiles. With his free hand he brushes my messy hair away before leaning down to press his lips against mine. We stay like that for a moment until tears began to trickle down my cheek.

That's when I realize I had been seriously anxious since our last meeting. Kenny pulls away from me surprised at my sudden tears "Y/n?" I sit up and hug him laying my head in his chest listening to his heart beat.

It was reassuring being this close to him. For some reason I couldn't shake the worry entirely. All those times where I felt he had died in my dreams were running through my head. Kenny brings my attention back into reality by wiping the tears off my skin.

"You're like a flower. So delicate and soft. I promise I will take care of you forever. There's no need to worry. I'm here" he whispered lovingly. I pull myself away from him and raise my hand and run my fingers through this hair.

"I'm sorry. I got myself worked up for no reason. I'll try not to worry" Kenny smiles raising our laced hands and kisses the top of my hand.

"Princess, May I just compliment you?" "On what?" I ask questioningly. "How beautiful your body is" I look at myself and realize I was only wearing my undergarments and Kenny's sweater zipped open. My cheeks tingled with embarrassment, I reach out and place my hand over his eyes.

"D-don't talk like that!" I stammer, suddenly Kenny places his cold hand on my bare waist. I jump slightly "your skin is soft too...." he continues. I pull away from him and push him down on the bed holding his arms above his head.

"Are you asking for a death wish?" I question, Kenny laughs "oh you're so cute~" he sang carelessly. Straddling his waist I sigh in defeat releasing him from my grip "oh come on don't pout" he smiles sitting up. As he did that I slide into his lap "if your embarrassed I'll strip so you don't feel alone" he smirk teasingly.

I cross my arms with an unimpressed expression "okay, then do it" I challenge. Kenny's cheek automatically go beet red and his mouth drops slightly dazed by my response. I begin to laugh uncontrollably "oh- my gosh" I said slightly out of breath. "H-hey" he stutters still unsure how to respond.

Suddenly Kenny pulls off his black t-shirt and stands up lifting me with him. Surprised I stop laughing placing my hands on his shoulders for balance. He takes me over to the wall and presses me up against it his sweater slowly falling off my shoulders laying on my arms. I was too shocked by Kenny's sudden actions to fix it.

"I'll teach you the consequences of your actions" he said playfully. Kenny then leaned forward and pressed his lips passionately to mine but then slowly moved away and made his way to my neck. He landed gentle kisses until a gasp escaped my lips.

I move my hand away from his shoulder and cover my mouth turning my head away as he continued to work his way down to my breasts, but stopping, before relocating back to my lips.

Slowly he moves away from the wall and towards the bed laying me down. I close my eyes waiting for him to kiss me but it never came. "Y/n" he snickers then I realized I was set up. I snap my eyes open quickly to see his hands raised slightly "no tickling!" I squealed but it was already too late.

I fell into an ball of laughter as Kenny's thin fingers tickled at my sides like a cats whiskers on the palm of my hand. I try to crawl away but Kenny pulls me back "oh no you don't" he laughs deviously. Attempting to escape I quickly try to stand up but fail stepping improperly pulling the muscles in my ankle. I fall to my bottom grasping my ankle with an "ow."

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Kenny shouted with worry as he quickly hurried to my side. I hold my ankle tightly weaning towards the floor repeating 'ow' as the pain shot through my leg over and over again.

"Here let me see" I try to let go but the release of pressure was to much and I just ended up placing it back on. "Hang on I'll go get ice."