-Chapter 13-

Two weeks later~

Kenny and I still haven't come out that we're together. We thought it would be best if we kept quiet at least until the school year ended. That was coming soon, I was running around my room in a panic trying to find my binder. "Where is it?!" I screeched opening drawers and slamming them shut.

"Hey are you okay?" I turn on my heel to find Kenny standing in the door way he must've used the back door since I left it unlocked. "I can't find my binder" I mumble running my fingers along my scalp.

Kenny walks up to me and hugs me from behind laying his chin on my shoulder "hey babe" he whispers sweetly into my ear "not now Kenny we're going to be late for school" I mutter trying to escape from his grasp but he only pulls me closer. "You left it in my car" he said sheepishly I pressed my lips together and break through his embrace. "You could've told me sooner" I say quickly remaking my bed "ah sorry."

After I make my bed I turn towards Kenny and head for the door "do you want anything to eat before we go?" I try to walk past him but Kenny sticks out his arm. I look up in confusion "is everything okay?" Kenny sighs "Karen..." I drop my arms to my side. I was really worried "what's wrong?" Kenny hesitated at first but I think that's because he was really upset. Now that I looked at him more he seemed like a wreck. His blonde hair was ruffled more then usual, his blue orbs almost seemed grey, he even had bags under his eyes. I don't think he was sleeping properly.

"C'mere" I say softly taking his hand in my own pulling him to the bed. We sit down and I let Kenny lie his head on my shoulder as I stroked his hair. "It's getting worse... my parents are always at the hospital now. I think she's going to..." he trails off but I already knew what he was going to say. Karen... such a sweet little girl. How could the world be so cruel to the innocent? I've met with her a bunch of times when I'd go over to Kenny's. We'd always play 'house' together, whenever I would come over she'd always get a kick out of it when Kenny was the baby. He'd always make strange noises to make her laugh or do silly things.

It's something you don't see between siblings often. Such closeness. -Well in South Park at least.- Kenny wouldn't be afraid to come to school in a dress for her. I still remember the one day Kenny dressed up in a small dress and called himself 'Princess Kenny' just so his little sister wouldn't feel embarrassed going to school in her own dress. I thought it was really cute, but it's all a distant memory at this point.

The last time I saw Karen was in her room. Kenny asked me if I could bring over Advil. I remember walking into her room, she looked so sick and she was scared. Karen always wanted one of us in her room, never to be alone because she thought she was going to die. That's when we found out she stopped eating. This happened before but then it would go away she'd get better but every time it came back it got worse.

"Kenny?" He was holding my hand tightly "maybe I should come visit her" I mutter out my thoughts. Kenny sat up and looked at me, there was an empty look in his eyes. It took him awhile to say anything "I-.... I don't want to visit her anymore..." I look at Kenny with surprise. I could tell he was extremely ashamed by what he said "why?" I questioned. Kenny exhales looking away from me as I wait for him to reply.

Kenny brings his sleeve to his eyes "because I can't stand watching her in such a state. What makes it worse is that I can't do anything..." he drops his arm the area where he wiped his eyes slightly damp. I reach over and turn Kenny's face so he's looking at me "you're going to regret not ever seeing her when you could've. So don't do this. I'll come with you, okay?" Kenny nods his frown deepening I lean in and press my lips to his quickly before giving him a hug. "I'm sorry this is happening" I whisper reaching over intertwining my fingers with his long slim ones. "We should go" he mutters standing up pulling me up with him "okay..."