Chapter 18

"Kenny wake up! It's 1pm" I shouted shaking Kenny "mmmm..." he mumbled turning away from me. I bite down on my lip thinking of a way to pull him out of bed. Suddenly an idea popped into mind and I make my way to the curtains and pull them open. The sun was so bright even I was taken aback having to cover my eyes. I turn on my heel looking at Kenny only to see him bury his face in the sheets.

"You're a pain in the ass... I made you food!" I blared trying to make as much noise as possible. I make my way over to the bed and grip the very end of the bed sheets and pull snatching the sheets away from him. He huffs placing his arm over his eyes laying on his back.

I sigh crawling on to the bed moving myself so I'm sitting on Kenny's waist. "Get up" I stated sternly I could see a small smile crack upon his face "you're like a rose you know that?" He finally said "I'll take that as a compliment it's because I'm pretty isn't it?" I smiled, Kenny laughs dropping his arm off his face. I glance into his sleepy blue eyes "no, it's because you're a thorn in my side" he said teasingly

I hit him in the gut then move to get up. "I should starve you since you said that" I hiss now standing in the doorway "I'm kidding ha.... geez you have a strong punch..." he said sitting up. "You have ten minutes to get up I want you to try that costume on" I say leaving the room "yes ma'am!"

~

Today is Sunday.

Tomorrow is the day Karen will be at rest. I guess I'm skipping out on school there's no way I can go knowing that I won't be able to see her again. I want to spend time with Karen in those remaining moments and I also want to be there for Kenny. There's nothing mentally harder then losing someone you love.

I hold my head in my hands gripping onto my hair in frustration. Letting out a heavy sigh I wipe my eyes before they start running. How did Kenny look so calm telling me this? I can't even bare a single thought of this situation.

Suddenly I felt hands touch my shoulders "hey beautiful" Kenny smiled pressing a kiss to my cheek. I give him a sad smile as he moves over to sit down in front of the plate of food I made him.

"What should we do today?" He questions before taking a bite I shrug sluggishly "my plan is to go over Mysterion and make sure everything fits properly. Still have your voice acting on ya?" I question leaning into my one hand. Kenny swallows what's in his mouth before speaking in a deeper tone "of course babe" I sit up straight slightly flustered and surprised. My heart fluttered out of my chest and I instantly clutch my shirt with embarrassment. Kenny sends me a confused expression "don't you ever use that voice unless it's with me or Karen" I suddenly stated.

Kenny seemed to be taken aback "why?" "A voice like that... You'll attract other girls!" I jumped with worry. Kenny laughs "don't worry Y/n. I'm all yours~♪" he said again in the acted voice, I cross my arms "don't get cocky."

Kenny chuckles finishing the last bite on his plate. I stand from the table and pick up the plate "I never knew my girlfriend was such a good cook" Kenny smiles laying his head in his hand. I had to say he really looked attractive in that position; his messy blonde hair, sky blue eyes and matching white smile just went all together so perfectly. How did he choose someone like me? I smile "well I have to live some how. Instant foods weren't cutting it for me. You should go change into the costume now" I stated "so cruel... can't we hang out for a little while?" "No, you have the rest of the day to hang out with me" Kenny sighs standing from where he was sitting.

~

I quickly wash the dishes in the sink and dry them. While I was putting them away I felt a presence from behind me. I put away the last dish and turn around to see Kenny all dressed up.