Chapter 6

We spent most of the day at the mall till it started to get dark, it was around 7:30 if I had to guess. I texted my mom that I went to the mall with Kenny but with no surprise, silence. Kenny and I were picking out clothes for Clyde's party this Friday the same day Kenny goes for his G2. I'm sure he'll pass no problem he was the one that taught me how to drive after all.

I've picked out a black off the shoulders, knee long dress I really like the way it glimmered in the light when I twirled. Kenny told me I should take off all all the brackets that cluttered my wrist and leave at least one or two but... I need them.

The dress was seventy bucks, I nearly flew off the handle and tried to put it back but Kenny bought it anyways despite putting up a fight. My stubbornness can never win against his, what a dummy.

It made me worry that he spent his money on me. Kenny wasn't rich, and definitely not well off, he works two jobs every week sometimes twice in one day just to pay for gas or the bills for his home where his family lives. It really concerned me that we were here.

"Okay, what to do you think?" Kenny came out from the change room with his chosen outfit. He was wearing a grey sweater that went over a light blue collared shirt underneath, and navy jeans that folded on the bottom.

"Dashing" I joked senselessly, only to regret as he flashes me an excited smile. Feeling my cheeks heat up I avert my gaze and let my hair fall over the one side of my face. Casually making myself busy on my phone.

"Oh ya I'm definitely getting this and it's only 40 bucks" I turn back to Kenny "are you sure? You haven't tried the other two outfits you picked" I remind. Kenny shrugs with a cocky smile "that's alright I didn't like them too much. Besides you told me all I wanted to hear."

My eyes widen at his devilish smile and I look away bashfully "can we go?" I ask in a flustered tone. He grins even more "in a moment. I'll be back" he answers walking back to the change room.

"What a goof ball....." I mutter under my breathing recalling Kenny in the clothes once more. Unexpected the words faintly fall from my lips while lost in thought."I think you look..."

"Amazing."

~

Kenny quickly came back and purchased the clothes then we left. It wasn't a long drive back to my house so I closed my eyes and nodded off. Suddenly I felt Kenny's hand on my shoulder gently waking me.

"Hm?" I hun rubbing my one eye from its sleepiness "you slept the whole way back, you're home" Kenny spoke softly.

"Really?" I question, sluggishly propping myself up in the seat. "Yep" I reach down and curl my fingers around the strings of my shopping bag.

"Hey dude, thanks a bunch" "no need to thank me" I send Kenny a -really-look before opening the car door. I thanked Kenny almost a 1000 times before leaving him and walking up the drive way to my house. Slowly the driver lights disappeared and I was left in darkness.

I got into the house with my house key and quickly locked the door behind me, slightly creeped out that I was on my own in the dark.

Turning in my heel I look down the empty hallway my mother wasn't here. The blue shitty broken down car wasn't in the driveway where she usually parked which told me she was out, unless... she walked home.

"Mom?!"  I call her name several times wandering in and out of rooms. Giving up by the third shout I went up stairs and dropped my stuff off and headed towards the bathroom with a pair of sweat pants and a crop top sweater.

I flick on the light and locked the door behind me slowly stripping down to my underwear and bra. I looked in the full body mirror. I didn't like what I saw. Specifically my skin.