Chapter 25

I open my eyes sore to see the bright light. A golden figure was standing in front of us. I couldn't see their face but I could see that they were wearing a white robe with long brown hair trailing their back. A halo sparking in the light as the wind gently blew by. "Jesus" "I could sense evil energy for months I didn't think it would be you, yourself. How revolting" I look over at Kenny, he was still unresponsive. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way" "well you know how I work, but my question is will you be quick enough to save that poor girl."

Jesus glances at me and points his fingers creating a loud snap. Suddenly a crystal barrier surrounded Kenny and I. "I have plenty of time" "damn" Satan hissed "I think your forgetting that I am, the son of god." I could feel the energy of the barrier replenish my body. I sit up and crawl over to Kenny as the battle takes place behind me. Kenny's hair covers his eyes and blood drips from his nose. "Kenny" I called, worry shaking my voice. I lean down and lay my head on his chest and for a moment I panic fully convinced he wasn't alive but I heard his heart beat slowly battering against his ribs.

I pull Kenny upon my lap and hold him tightly chanting my faith in Jesus under my breath. "Kenny, please wake up!" I shouted looking down at him. My hair fell over my face and tears began to stream from my eyes. "P-please..." I pleaded quietly leaning down bringing my face close to his. "I can't lose you... not like this" I stated firmly reaching a hold of his hand. Kenny's face was washed out of its colour and his lips were tinted blue. He felt cool to the touch and I found myself shivering as my hand picked up on the coolness.

"Y/n!" I snapped my head towards the sound of the voice only to see Karen pressing her hands up against the barrier as if it were glass. "Karen! What's wrong with Kenny? He's so cold" Karen slams her fists against the barrier and droops her head low. "Karen what's happening?!" I shouted demanding an answer, but she refuses to answer. I turn my head towards Kenny "Kenny, wake up damn it! Don't do this!" I pleaded leaning down to rest my head against his chest. His heart beat has became more faint and occasionally beat in his chest.

"He's dying."

Karen finally muttered out. I pulled away from Kenny dishearten. It felt as if someone just reached into my chest and pulled out my heart shattering it into millions of pieces. Why. Why was this happening? What did he do wrong? My lips twitch and I let out huffs of sadness. I place my hands on his cheeks stroking my thumb across his skin. "C'mon.... you're strong. Don't give up on me...!" I wailed leaning my forehead against his.

Gently I pressed my lips to his cold ones and held it there. My tears slid off my cheek and drip on to Kenny's face. I pull away and suddenly I felt my hand be clutched softly. "Don't cry... I can't hold back my anger knowing that someone made you feel that way" my eyes widen at Kenny and I slightly pull away from him to see his crystal clear orbs. A soft smile spread on his lips and I found myself in disbelieve, but once I realize it was too good to be true I pulled my hands to cover my eyes. Kenny then sat up pulling me into a tight embrace "hey, don't cry princess" "don't cry? You almost fucking died!" I shouted in his chest.

Kenny inhales lightly "I could hear your voice in the void. I didn't think it was real, but when you touched me... you really spark something in me Y/n" I pull away from Kenny and lift up his shirt "w-what are you doing?" He stammered he's cheeks flushed red and I press my head to the left side of his chest. Kenny's heart beat quickens as I listened to him intently "making sure you're alive" I stated as I pulled away happiness present on my face. "I can control myself if you do that. Wait until we get home-" I shove Kenny away and stand from where I sat "he's fine" I grumbled making my way to Karen which has been watching us on the opposite side of the barrier. I press my hand to the barrier, up against her's "don't cry Karen" I smiled.

Soon Kenny made his way over to stand beside me and reached his hand up "Karen I'm here." As Kenny placed his hand against Karen's hand the barrier shattered and we were suddenly free. The barrier disappeared as glitter in the wind and in response Karen jumps into Kenny's arms. "Don't go away like that!" She shouted large tears rolling down her flushed cheeks. I glance away from them and towards the fight that has unleashed from Jesus and Satan, but it appeared it was almost over.

"You're not welcome here. Leave or I'll do it for you, right now" Jesus said firmly Satan laughed giving Jesus his answer. Jesus took no time and suddenly an enormous amount of light consumes the area. Kenny pulls me close to him and I cover my eyes as wind whipped through my hair and clothes. Slowly the wind returns to normal and the light disappears along side it. I let my arm drop to my side and I glance at Kenny and Karen then back. Jesus stands silently for a moment then turns on his heel to look at us "Kenneth, Karen, Y/n" he said quietly, but surprisingly I heard him normally as he approached.

"Jesus, thank you" Kenny bowed releasing Karen and I from his grasp. "No need to be so formal Kenny. After all I should be the one bowing. The Heavens could have reached disaster if nothing was said. Although I can't say it didn't happen.... within your lives" Jesus's brown eyes lock with my own. "So I deeply apologize and don't worry you will return home safely" "Jesus?" I questioned in a soft tone "yes my child?" I closed my eyes and exhaled heavily "Karen, may she come back with us?...she didn't-" "haha... don't worry." I opened my eyes with shock "you'll all be going back. Although, of these moments Karen's memories will be erased, you don't have to worry she will be completely fine."

Jesus snaps his fingers and Karen falls into Kenny's arms "what about Y/n?" Kenny asked lifting Karen into his arms. "You should know the answer to that Kenneth... she has a gift much like yourself. It would do me no good since she can remember your deaths. Take it as my blessing.... Y/n." Jesus turns towards me and cups his hands together holding them out to me. "A gift. This should protect you- from many dangers of our world" Jesus opens his hand to reveal a small navy box. "Jesus... you can't be serious" Kenny then interrupt he chuckled in response "maybe I should let you explain it's deeper meaning." Jesus smiled handing me the box "thank you" Kenny and I said in sync "off you go now."

~

Jesus teleported us back to earth and when I woke I was sitting in the waiting beside Kenny. "Oh you're finally awake" he grinned as he leaned over the chair to kiss my cheek. "Where are we?" I questioned with confusion "the hospital waiting room" I looked at Kenny in shock "but I thought-" "Kenny and Y/n McCormick. Karen is here."

"Kenny and Y/n McCormick?" I whisper as Kenny and I stood "what? Ashamed to be my wife" my face heats up and I look away. "N-no" Kenny chuckles and takes a hold of my hand pulling me along with him. "Your her brother? Karen is ready to be discharged from the hospital; your parents already signed the papers so need to worry."

Suddenly as we approach the nurse around the corner Karen walks out with a doctor, a grin plastered upon her face. Her cheeks were flushed with colour and her eyes were brighter then ever. She was alive. "Kenny! Y/n!" Karen jumps excitedly and runs over to us colliding in my arms "woah! Hi Karen" I laughed as I hugged her. "I know it's only been two days since I've seen you but it feels like forever. I missed you!" "I missed you too Karen" Karen hugs me one last time then turns to Kenny.

So she really doesn't remember anything. I guess Jesus really did erase her memory. Kenny pulls me to him and plants a kiss on my forehead and whispers in my ears. "Smile, it looks good on you" I look at him and purposely frowned. Kenny laughed in response causing me to smile afterwards. "Kenny, can I go see mom and dad?" Karen questioned as she tugged on his sleeve "hm I don't know" Kenny joked I pushed him out of the way "don't listen to him" Karen takes ahold of my hand and we turn to head for the exit.

"Y/n"

"Hm?" I questioned looking at Karen softly.

"Do you like me like Kenny?"

"Of course."

Kenny takes ahold of Karen's other hand. "Don't get any ideas Karen she's mine~" "no! She's mine!" I sigh as I watch the two siblings argue. What am I going to do with these two angels? "Well Y/n brings me stuff all the time" Karen stated with a proud grin "oh ya, well she lets me tou-" I reach over an smack the back of Kenny's head. "Kenny McCormick. What are you about to tell that child?" I hissed shooting him a glare "at least Y/n doesn't choke me" Karen said happily. In response Kenny sends me a seductive smirk and opens his mouth to speak "I'd love it if Y/n-."

"I swear to god, Kenny!