Chapter 23

Y/n's P.O.V

I drag my feet through the piles of snow that cluttered on the sidewalks. Normally I'd swear and mutter under my breath but today it was somewhat relieving. The snow slowly fell with silence and the crunching effect that my shoes created whenever I took a step; it settled in my heart with peace. I felt like just stopping and falling onto the white sheet of blanket, sleeping like there's no care in the world. But there was no time for that, besides my clothes would get wet and I'd freeze. Last thing I wanted to add on my list of problems was hypothermia and finger, toe removal surgery.

The bus stop finally came into view and strangely enough only one person was there. Maybe everyone is driving to school? Or calling in? I shrugged my shoulders. When I came closer to the curb I noticed the lone stander was actually Kyle. He looked down at his phone checking something. "Hey Kyle" I said in a monotone. Kyle looked over in my direction and smiled when he noticed it was me. "Oh hey dude" Kyle shuts off his phone returning it to his pocket after he wiped the snowflakes off his screen. I ceased to stand beside him and stared off into the street. "Is everything okay?" I looked over at him "ya, I'm good. Why?" I questioned flinching slightly every time a slowflake landed near my eyes. "Well you and Kenny haven't been around each other lately. You and him both seem to look like hell. So, I just was wondering if you?... well you know.." he mumbled the last part, I could tell he regret bringing it up.

"Kyle, don't worry about it. Even I don't know what's going on.... we are still together but Kenny just hasn't spoken to me since Karen's pass. He seems exhausted and weighed down" I explained tucking my hands into my pockets of my jacket. "I see... then what about you?" I take a moment to think clearly about what I was going to say. "I guess the same is for me. I'm slightly shook with what happened, but not as much as Kenny. But really, I've just been getting some bad nightmares so I'm very tired." "Oh, what about?" I look away with a frown "I rather not talk about it" "okay..." Kyle frowned, but left the conversation at that. "Where are the boys?" "Kenny I don't know. Stan is driving Cartman to school because he lost out on a bet" "when did you guys establish a bet?" I questioned "awhile back. You where there remember? Cartman was never gonna get a date?" "Right" I mouthed. Soon the bus slowly pulled up to the curb "that's why I don't make bets with fatass he always cheats at them. He probably paid the chick" Kyle hissed under his breath I laughed as we took our seats beside each other. "There, there. No need to be insecure you'll find the perfect girl one day" I patted his arm and Kyle snapped his head towards me "hey! Who's side are you on?!" He shouted with stress in his expression I only laughed more.

Time Skip~

Kyle and I got off the bus and headed straight to our lockers. I waved him goodbye as I stopped in front of my locker. Once I got it open I proceeded to take off my jacket and put away my belongs only taking out what I need. Suddenly as I shut the door to my locker I notice Kenny right beside me I jump. "Oh my gosh" I place my hand on my chest "sorry, didn't mean to scare you" he smiled, but there was something off about it. This is the first time he's talked to me in awhile. Maybe he's starting to feel better? "So, what's up?" I ask now locking up my locker "uh, nothing really. Hey Y/n?" I turn to Kenny with a questioning look "yes?" "Is it okay if we talk about something?" He puts his hand in his pockets fidgeting with something. "Ya of course" "in private?" Suddenly I felt my heart sink in my chest "oh um sure" I found myself stumbling over my words thinking about what was about to happen.

Anyone who was in a relationship and heard the work 'can we talk in private? Or we need to talk' knew there wasn't going to be a good outcome afterwards. We walked down the end of the hallway and stepped outside. The area we were now in reeked of cigarette smoke and I found myself breathing through my sleeve. Trying to block out most of the smell best as possible. "So..." Kenny tilted his head away glancing towards the ground "I- I'm breaking up with you...." I took a deep breath then exhaled "I knew you'd say that" Kenny looks at me with surprise but I've already turned away from him. "You did?" "Well it's obvious or maybe that's just me? We haven't been talking for a week" I hold my hands together squeezing them tightly.