Chapter 19

It was so hard to try and keep a shock expression plastered upon my face. When I saw Karen's eyes twinkle at the sight of Mysterion I just wanted to burst out with happiness.

"G-guardian Angel! I mean Mysterion" She clasps her hands over her mouth with excitement. "You came! I knew you'd come!" She said happily giving her hero a hug as he made his way over to her.

"You didn't come from the window this time? I guess that would make sense it's really high up" Karen said answering her own question. Karen and Mysterion separate from their embrace.

"Hey princess, how are you?" Karen smiles "I'm okay now since you're here... you heard my prayers didn't you?" "I did Karen. I'm sorry I couldn't answer you for so long."

"It's okay! You being here now is making me so happy! You were one of the last people I wanted to see, I'm glad you came. I have so many questions but I don't think I'm going to bother you with that... I just wanted to say thank you Mysterion! For all the times you saved me and gave me hope!" Karen's smile slowly faded away and then she let out a big sigh "though I wish you were around more, but you probably have a busy life saving other people right? I've always wondered who you were I remember my big brother and I and also Y/n would all gather together to figure out your identity but we never came to figure it out."

I remember those times. It all started one day when I came to help Kenny with homework and we ended up getting distracted. Instead we helped Karen try to piece it together. We were so close, at the time I didn't know it was Kenny until one day he had told me. Karen really worked hard but got no progress after I went quiet.

Now he doesn't even play the game.

"I guess I should introduce you to my friend. That's Y/n she's been with me for awhile now she helps take care of me sometimes." "Hey..." I said quietly in my seat, Mysterion looks at me with a smile. You could really see the Kenny flash through with that bright smile. I almost giggled but I stayed composed.

"Wow she's pretty just like you Karen" he replied deeply turning back to face Karen. She giggled "thanks but I wouldn't flirt with her she's dating my brother!" "Ah I see! You're one lucky woman
Y/n." I chuckle to myself "I very much am" I respond.

Karen smiles in response but soon it faded away. "Mysterion?" "Hm?" "I've always wanted to ask you something but I know you won't tell me... I'm just going to try anyways because you're my hero and you gave me faith. Um..." she hesitated "what is it Karen?" Mysterion questioned softly. "I wanted to know... who are you?" Mysterion hesitated before answering but Karen cut him off. "It's okay you don't have to tell me. That's why you're called Mysterion right? Because you are a mystery?"

Mysterion nodded his head "it's okay Karen I'm willing to entrust you with my secret." "Y/n too?" "Do you trust her?" He asked Karen instantly nodded her head "then I can trust her that no words will be spoken of my identity." I could see Kenny's hands tremble slightly as he reached up gripping the edge of his hood. Slowly he began to pull back everything so Karen could see who he truly was.

I had to say even I was nervous; what if this part doesn't go to well? What if she gets angry? I sat back with an intense expression waiting for Karen to respond but she didn't. Instead she blinked in astonishment "Kenny? It was you?" "Every step of the way. When we went to a different school when you got bullied.... I promised that I'd protect you right?"

"Wow it really is you" She seemed shocked. Karen reaches up and places one of her hands on Kenny's cheeks. He looked so exhausted compared to before we walked into this room.

He leaned into her touch with a sadden expression. Karen smiled closing her eyes "this makes me so happy.... I didn't think I'd get to see you again but really you were there all along.... you really are my guardian angel Kenny. I love you so much..." she said her voice disappearing softly. Slowly her hand dropped to the side of her bed "Karen?"