thirty-five

35

VIOLA ANONYMOUS

"WE HAVE REALLY GOT to stop meeting like this

"WE HAVE REALLY GOT to stop meeting like this." A soft voice says as Viola giggles nervously, staring up into the same warm brown eyes she bumped into the other day. Slowly, she slides her hands from his chest and tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear before stepping out of the tight clutch he has on her waist.

"I—Sorry, I never really watch where I'm going." She bends down to pick up the couple school books that were strewn across the floor, gathering them safely against her body. Eddie laughs, shoving his hands into the pockets of his trousers as he rocks back and forth on his feet.

"I'm Eddie, by the way. I feel like if we're bumping into each other all the time, you should at least know who you're bumping into." He smiles with a heat rising to his cheeks.

Viola furrows her brows at him as she laughs amusedly. "Um, I know? We have classes together." She points to her chest. "Viola."

Eddie rubs the back of his neck, "oh, I know and I don't know why I assumed you didn't know me." He laughs nervously, a crimson blush heating up the pale skin of his neck. Viola waves him off nonchalantly and looks around the almost empty hallway, wondering if she'll make it to class on time.

"Well, as fun as this has been, I better head to class." Eddie winks boldly before he turns, waving over his shoulder as he yells out. "I've caught you two times Viola, maybe it's my turn to fall for you."

She blushes wildly and watches the boy walk away from a view, a sigh falling from her pink parted lips. A few moments pass by when the bell finally cuts through her concentration and Viola curses.

She's late, again.