numb - connor

"Run it by me again?" I mutter softly as the elevator doors close, Connor holds my hand, sometimes running his thumb across it. "A deviant has captured a family of 3 and is holding them hostage in the bedroom, reasons are possibly being replaced. Didn't i tell you this already?" He smiled looking down, poking my side. I roll my eyes smiling.

"Your the one who supposed to remember everything." I chuckle, seeing we still had halfway to go. "Yep, you even forgot your own birthday." You scowled, "It was that one time babe." He chuckled, kissing the top of your head. Connor looked up, and frowned. 

"You stay behind me, alright? I don't want you getting hurt. Not again." He shivered, but you griped his hand. "Ill cover you, mr oh so confident." You smiled, trying to lighten the mood as he nodded, comforted. 

"I love you." You mutter, seeing the door open. Connor looked to you, but quickly walked out, you followed quietly. Many swat surrounded you and Connor as you walked quickly, guns in hand as you could hear a little girl crying. 

You grimaced when you saw a dead dog yards away from you, you saw it was shot. You touched Connor's shoulder, he looked to you, worried but calm seeing you were fine. You moved you head to the dog as Connor look to it and nodded. "Careful." He spoke quietly to you, you nodded. 

Connor stood, much to your protesting as he faced the deviant, who wore a scared expression as he pointed a pistol at Connor. You bit your lip. A sudden shot made you yelp and fall back, you saw blue blood splatter the floor ahead of you, Connor looked to his shoulder. He frowned. 

"S-Stay back. Don't come any closer!" He shouted. You cursed to yourself as Connor began talking with the man, trying to tell him it was alright. "Do you have a gun!!?" He yelled, the little girl began to cry next to him. 

"Yes." Connor reluctantly stated, you sighed frustrated as you looked for some way you could get in and help your boyfriend. "Drop it or i kill her!" He screamed, gripping the mother as the father held his crying daughter. He wailed and begged, nothing worked as you saw Connor get closer. 

"Connor-" You whispered. You saw the deviant held the gun shakily. "One more step, its done for you!" He seethed as Connor blinked, hands shown. "Its up to you how the story ends here, Jake. This will decide your fate, are you scraps or a android?"

You couldn't understand much when the ringing hit your ears, your mind was foggy, clouded with shock and anger. You could care less about your motive to give deviants a second chance, this time it was different. All to different. 

The shot rang out as you stood up, your gun to your side. "Connor!" You cried out, running to the corpse for your love, he laid silent, blue blood leaked form his head as you felt tears of shock and grief run down your face. "No, no! N-No!" You mumbled over and over again, clutching his smooth face as you stared at his brown eyes, searching for life, love, anything. 

He was gone. 

You stood slowly, you heard the gun drop as the deviant stuttered, "I..I d-didn't- i-i-" You turned faster then ever before, no aim was needed, you saw your target, with sorrow filled eyes you shot, and shot...and shot. The deviant fell to the floor, gone like Connor. You fell to the floor to your knees, tossed the gun aside as you laid your head against Connor's cold chest. 

Silent tears ran down your face, your eyes were clouded as swats scrammed past you to the family. The job was done, that was saved. But what wasn't? Connor, the Deviant? No, because after tonight you were the one not saved as well.

~

"Hank what!" You growled angrily as he gripped your shoulder, you just pushed it away. Hank frowned. "Look what i got for your birthday." He muttered in his usual voice. You rubbed your eyes from lack of sleep. "Its not my damn birthday, Ha-" You froze.

He blinked, it was to familiar as you covered your mouth. "C...Connor?" You whispered, still believing he was there. He smiled, "Hello, little kitten."

lol cliffhanger mwhaha lol Connor is my obsession im sorry ill do a Markus or possible Simon idk leave some requests :)