a new feeling - connor and kara

"Alice, stop running! Connor!" Kara laughed as she chased the bunch all over the house, Connor giggled, having the small child on his shoulders. Alice giggled, holding Connor's head carefully for support. 

"Connor open the door!" Alice yelled over the chaos in her pajamas as Connor reached for the door he felt Alice begin to slip. He gasped, quickly turning to catch her. But luckily was reassured when it was Kara pulling her away. "Give me her!" 

"No!" Connor laughed at Kara, gripping gently on the child's ankles, Alice laughed as she felt Kara tickle her sides, following by Connor as both smiled at each other. "S-Stop, it hurts!" Alice giggled, holding her stomach, Kara giggled, leaving the poor child as her and Connor stood. Connor fixed his tie.

"Isn't it time for bed, little one?" Connor, playfully leaned slightly and rubbed the child's head. Alice whined, "Aw please! We were just having fun!" Kara smiled. "It's the weekend?" Kara looked to Connor, who raised a eyebrow when he saw Kara smiling evilly at Connor. "Your scaring me Kara." Connor scoffed. 

Hours passed as Alice leaned her head on Alice's chest, letting her legs drape over Connor's while he sat, watching the movie. But he was mostly looking at Kara, watching her watch of Alice, sometimes rubbing her back lovingly. 

Connor smiled, "Your a great mother." He said softly, he could feel his LED change yellow for a split second, Kara noticed, and felt her's change to when thinking about Connor. "Thank you, for helping Connor." She whispered quietly, Connor nodded, he saw Alice shift, but settled as Connor looked over at the mess of blankets across them. 

"We made a mess." Connor grumbled, but warmed at the thought of remembering Alice playing with her dolls, covered in warmth as blankets crawled all over her. Connor felt warm legs drape over his lap, Connor looked to Kara as she laid peacefully with Alice, oddly asleep. Even if she didn't need sleep.

Connor sighed, never taking his eyes off of her as he leaned carefully over to her sleeping frame. Connor blinked, and almost sat down, and he saw Kara smile in her sleep, small but Connor leaned over, pecking her cheek like she did with Alice every night. Connor felt a stinging in his chest when he returned to his spot, he held back a small yelp of happiness when he did his action. He held a big smile as he shut his eyes, sleeping just like Kara was, or he thought. 

~

Connor held his eyes shut. "This is gonna get someone hurt." He warned warily as Alice chuckled, placing his hands on his face, covering his eyes. "No it won't." Kara looked to the apartment, seeing the slippery objects strewn everywhere feet touched. Connor slipped slightly as his socks stood upon a silk clothing that easily could slide. 

"It'll be fun, ill watch over Alice anyhow." Kara giggled when Connor whined. "What about me?!" Kara patted his shoulder affectionately, Connor stumbled. He yelped when he slipped, falling onto his butt as he groaned. Kara laughed. "You'll do just fine sweetheart." 

Connor felt the familiar feeling in his chest from last night, he stuttered, wanting to say something but before he could Kara and Alice ran, running into multiple rooms as Connor smiled, playing along as he began running, forgetting to close his eyes. 

"Come here-" Connor giggled, trying to grab Alice as she giggled running past him. Connor groaned when a pillow was launched at his face, causing him to stumble as Kara tried running past him, laughing as she slipped. 

"Kara!" He yelped, quickly grabbing her but in his swift movement, slipped. Both began falling as Connor quickly placed his hands so he didn't crush Kara, Kara hit the floor, and just before she could say something Connor fell, his arms balancing just in time to only support himself. 

Both widened thier eyes when lips touched, Connor quickly pulled away, feeling his stomach ache as he realize what he just did. "I-I'm sorry- i c-" Kara blinked, staring up into the ceiling, wondering what the burning feeling in her chest was, she liked it. Before Connor stood she grabbed his hand. "Your stress level is at 25 percent. Relax." 

"You...don't mind?" Connor asked blinking as he helped her up. Kara twitched her head when she looked to him, Connor watched her with cautioned eyes. Kara looked to the floor, trying to understand, and failed. "No." She said in a whisper, looking up at him as Connor gulped. 

"Well that was dramatic." Alice huffed, leaning against the doorway, crossed arms as she looked to Connor's and Alice's interlocked hands. "The neighbor just called, asking if i can go watch over Mila again, im gonna get dressed and leave, if that's alright with you."

"Its perfectly fine, Alice." Kara didn't tear her eyes from Connor, who looked away, feeling a odd warm feeling in his cheeks. Alice nodded, smiling. Once leaving Connor looked to Kara, seeing the confused look in her eyes. 

Connor placed a wary hand on her cheek, she looked to it, leaning to it slightly, Connor blushed, his lips parted as he watched her. "Bye Kara! See you Connor!" The androids could hear the door slam shut as silence echoed, their breathing the only sound. 

Kara turned away, and walked into Alice's room, Connor watched her, his eyes glassed as he slowly trailed after her. "Kara." He whispered, desperate as her back was to him. She held a piece of paper in her hands. 

"You know i've felt like this for awhile. This odd feeling in my chest whenever you smile at me, you just being her and helping me, its comforting." She muttered, letting her fingers trail over the drawing of the 3 Alice drew. She stared at the Connor, she let her finger dance on his cheek. 

"You feel it to?" Connor muttered, coming up behind her and placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hank described to me what this feeling was, long ago. He told me it was love, Kara..." He trailed off, bending slightly to her height, thier eyes connected. "You feel empathy. And that's ok, you aren't alone." He smiled gently, Kara gulped at thier closeness. 

"I like this." She muttered, holding Connor's face in her hands, Connor reached for them, holding them. Kara pressed her forehead against Connor's feeling the yellow LED combine with the light feeling in her chest. "I like you, Connor." She muttered, Connor blinked, a small, comforting smile on his face. 

Connor kissed Kara softly, letting his lips hold thier lock as Kara shut her eyes, feeling the smooth and gentle touch of Connor's lips on hers. Connor placed a arm around her waist as Kara gently held his head, she felt thier chest's touch. 

Pulling away she smiled, finally at peace with her heartbeat. "You seem to be more relaxed, Kara." Connor smiled, giving her a affectionate look, Kara giggled. She reached, pecking his nose. "I think i feel just fine now."

Connor smiled, holding her hand, he removed his skin, showing the shining white, Kara removed hers, thier hands interlocked as a light blue left thier hands. "Memories..." Kara muttered, staring at thier hands, mesmerized. 

Connor frowned, his mind played Kara's. He watched her, he became her. He saw Todd and that awful night. He grimaced when Kara was being beaten, but he saw sunlight, and the scared little smile Alice held whenever Kara hugged her after they escaped. 

Kara saw crime scenes, little flashes of scared androids, she felt his emotion, or his protocol, she couldn't tell. She saw how gentle he tried to be, and how he fell back into the state of his protocol, killing a android with ease with no remorse. But then she softened when her mind flashed with Hank, and Sumo. She felt Connor's love for the pair, she saw the secrets Connor held to save Hank's life. She felt the father and son bond. 

Both pulled away, Connor sniffled. Kara weakly chuckled. "It's alright." She said, hugging him as Connor soothed her own emotions, rubbing her back gently. "Perhaps this was best, hm?" He asked, pulling away, holding her in his arms.

"Perhaps Connor." She smiled.

~

Bleep blop