Chapter 2 - "The Intrusion"

"Hmm............"

I awoke with the full realization that I really have become a dragon. I also realized that I can shoot, not just fire, but lightning from my mouth too. The feeling that I get when I move my body-parts is very different than when I move my previous human body. It's like, having an even longer extension of my usual human limbs, only this time, they're apart of my body now. Especially when I move my wings and tail. It feels so strange that I can move them the way I want them too. It's like I grew up having them already. My tail is really sharp, though. And, my wings have talons, too. My back is also rather spiny. I learned that the horrible way when I lied down on my back, and dang did it feel weird.

"Oh, well... I'll just go back to sleep again."

It's tough to always have to sleep like a cat or a dog, face-down on the floor. Any other positions become really uncomfortable to me, and I won't be able to sleep peacefully that way. But it doesn't really matter that much to me, so long as I'm still alive and still capable of dreaming, I wouldn't mind living in another world at all.

As I think of those things, a loud scream came charging in my sleeping cave, and when I turned around to find out what's causing the racket, I saw a human clad in armor pointing its sword and heading straight at me. My instincts tell me to wipe him out right away, but, I held back. I accepted his sword thrusts at me, but, somehow, I don't really feel anything. The knight(He's a knight, right...?) kept on thrusting his longsword at my scales, but fails to make even a dent.

"You beast! How dare you take the royal princess from our kingdom! Return her at once!"

Huh? Princess? What? What was he talking about? I don't remember any princesses at all, in fact, I don't think I even left this place once.

"If ever you have laid your hands on her, then you will pay with your life!"

He keeps babbling nonsense. Is this like, a game, or something? Where its programmed that I have kidnapped a princess? Or something like that? Either way, I don't think I can ignore him anymore. Though his attacks still prove to be ineffective to me, and any other things he would do wouldn't work anyway. The fact that he thinks that I kidnapped their princess is a problem that's something I can't really ignore. If this guy does believe something like that, then the chances that other people would start entering this place would also increase, too. And, people from his kingdom would swarm all the way here just for a princess that even I, myself, have absolutely no idea as well!

This is bad. This is very bad. And this guy need to stop pestering me like a fly. I flicked my finger-claw at his forehead to teach him a lesson, but... well... it didn't go exactly how it went in my mind. Instead, he got hurled to the other side of the cave, and whoa, did he stick to the wall. I had no idea I had such brute force. Probably one of the qualities of being a dragon.

I walked towards him to see how he's doing, but... oops... It seems he passed out. He remained stuck to the wall with his forehead still bleeding and his eyes pure white. I moved his body to the ground and checked to see if his heart was still beating. If I killed a knight, then there would certainly be others that would exact their revenge if such a thing happened. Thank goodness I felt a heartbeat, to think this young man is still alive after that, I'm impressed. But... I guess... under these circumstances, that is all currently happening out of nowhere, it's probably best if I leave and find another place to sleep. I am not letting anything interrupt my sleeping hours. And so, I blasted through the ceiling and flew to the skies.

Unaware of the gist of these random events that are happening. Our MC now leaves his only known place in this new world, and embarks on his very first journey as a dragon.