Chapter 14 - "Destruction"

After sparring with Draiz on top of Mount Everlast, our MC now witnesses a Solar Eclipse for the first time ever since arriving into this world. And, from the eerie Black Sun, a grotesque-looking creature heads their way.

Mara: "Arufaz... that's..."

Arufaz: "A demon... right...?"

Mara(smirking): "Hmph... it seems that all those times you spent in my library wasn't entirely a complete waste, huh...?"

Draiz: "It's here!"

The demon was larger than both Arufaz and Draiz. It had four black wings, four red-glowing eyes, four curved horns behind his head, and sharp-looking claws and a tail fin. When the demon landed on the mountain, its weight caused a small tremor that shook most of the snow off the mountain side.

Draiz: "It's... big."

Mara: "Interesting... how could a demon possibly end up here? I most certainly want to find out."

Arufaz: "Do that later..."

Arufaz took off to the skies, with Draiz following from behind. The demon responds by swinging its claws at Arufaz, and it was strong enough to hurl him away from the mountain.

Draiz: "Arufaz!"

The demon didn't waste any time swinging its other claw at Draiz. But, Draiz managed to defend himself by combining both the fire he shot from his mouth and the tornado that he conjured up, and created a flaming twister between the dragon and the demon! The demon retracted its arm and backed away from Draiz's flaming twister, and then used its four wings to blow it all away.

Draiz: "Tch..."

Mara: "I guess that's all you can do, huh?"

Draiz: "What'd you say?! How about you?! You're just standing there, like a spectator or something!"

Mara: "I figured I'd just leave this to Arufaz."

Draiz: "Huh-...?"

The demon hit Draiz again with his claw from above, and Draiz fell on the mountain side, but was able to cushion himself from the fall using a gust of small wind. The demon then went towards Mara.

Mara: "I'm sorry, but... you won't be facing me today."

Not listening to Mara, the demon lifted its claw high and struck Mara. But before its claw reached her, a shot of lightning penetrated the demon's back! And the lightning didn't stop there, it pierced even through the other side of the mountain, as well!

Draiz(flying back up the mountain): "Was that..."

Mara: "Heh... took you long enough."

Draiz: "Arufaz!"

The demon turned around and started releasing dark aura around it, and its wound also recovered.

Arufaz: "Hmm... so it can regenerate, huh...?"

Then, the demon opened its mouth and shot dark fire at Arufaz!

Draiz: "Arufaz!"

Mara: "Oh, I wouldn't worry that much young dragon. As strong as this demon is, he is no match for Arufaz."

Arufaz(echo): "Break!"

All the black fire that surrounded Arufaz immediately got extinguished!

Mara: "You see, unlike other dragons that can manipulate nature or destroy it, Arufaz can use any element he wishes. As long that element can destroy or eradicate an existence. That is his power. 'DESTRUCTION'!"

Arufaz: "Disperse!"

Then, the demon's body started getting teared apart and flew away from each other!

Draiz: "Arufaz... what did you just do?"

Arufaz: "I tore him apart... why do you ask...?"

Draiz: "Well, I uhh... umm... n-nothing, it's nothing. (thought) Arufaz just got more scarier than ever!"

Arufaz gave something to Mara.

Arufaz: "Here's a piece of the demon..."

Mara: "Hmm... from the looks of it, this demon was summoned by human hands. It's not exactly the kind that would leave on its own domain and attack some random people living on top of the highest mountain. This was done on purpose."

Draiz: "Then, all we gotta do is go find this guy and eat him! Right, Arufaz?!"

Arufaz: "Can you do that, Mara...?"

Mara: "Already did."

And with a snap of Mara's fingers, they were transported to somewhere underground. And what they saw, was a cloaked figure standing in front of a large cooking pot. Just who is this person shrouded in mystery?

______________________________

(Next Chapter Preview): "A Familiar Face"

Mara: "... compared to true power, you're not even a scratch on the surface."

Arufaz: "He's hopeless..."

Draiz: "... don't... look... AWAY FROM ME!!!"