Chapter 15 - "A Familiar Face"

After an encounter and a face-off with a demon on top of a snowy mountain, our MCs now stand before them, a cloaked figure, who they believe to be the one who summoned the demon that attacked them out of nowhere.

Arufaz(sniffing the air around the cloaked person): "Hmm...? This scent... it's kinda... familiar..."

Draiz: "Hey! You there! If you're the one who attacked us, then I'll make you pay for it!"

Without warning, Draiz lunged at the cloaked person, and started eating him from behind!

Arufaz: "D-Draiz... did you just..."

Draiz: "Hm?"

Arufaz: "Never mind... you're not even eating anything at all..."

Draiz: "Huh? What? (*looks at cloak*) Wha-...?! Where'd he go?!"

Arufaz: "Right behind us..."

Mara(turning around): "It seems you weren't wrong. Your dragon nose is proving its uses."

Arufaz: "Yeah... you could say that it is... hey...! You're that old man from 10 yrs. ago, right...? The one whose floating island I took from you...?"

Mara: "Arufaz. I must tell you this, but... this old man is actually one of my students."

Arufaz: "Eh?"

Mara: "His name is James, and I taught him magic decades ago. Jamie, are you seriously planning on taking on your former master? You should know yourself that you don't stand a chance against me."

James: "I-... I already know that... but, I'm not here for you! I plan on killing that dragon who lead my life to misery!"

Draiz: "Huh?! You plan on doing 'what' to Arufaz?!"

James: "I am a mage. And, we mages have done hordes of magical research on a variety of species. And, the concept behind dragons don't involve immortality! I summoned that dark demon at the cost of half of my remaining lifespan. And, the fact that wasn't enough just makes me even more irritated! I'm going to end you, even if it takes every ounce of life that I have to sacrifice!"

Draiz: "Why this human, I oughta...!"

Arufaz: "Draiz... don't get involved... his business is with me..."

Draiz: "But, Arufaz...!!"

Mara: "Leave him be... you believe in him, don't you?"

Draiz: "But...!"

Arufaz: "So, then... what do you wanna do to me...?"

James: "Hehehe... so you submit to your torture, then? Very well! I shall make you suffer through the most gruesome pain that you will ever endure, before your death!"

Arufaz: "Cut the talk, and start the pain... that is... if you can even make me feel pain..."

James: "Heh... you won't be that confident for long. When I unleash the potion that I have brewed for years to give you suffering worse that death, you'll feel more than just pain."

Arufaz: "Yeah, yeah..."

James: "Hmph... take this!"

James threw his vile of potion towards Arufaz, and despite its small size, a large amount of dark & purple smoke came out and engulfed him.