Chapter 22 - "Climax"

Castle guards everywhere rush toward the aid of their sires. The kingdom they once grew up in is falling apart as large meteors fall from the sky and bring nothing but ruin in their wake. Draiz and Frick both destroy one meteor that was heading towards the castle, while Mara is trying her best to maintain the force field that's protecting the castle.

Elze: "Umm... Lady Mara, perhaps I can help you with the maintenance?"

Mara: "Heheh. I appreciate your concern, girl, but I can handle this. That is, if I can't even handle something like this, then she'll..."

Frick: "Another incoming! It's a big one!"

Frick wasn't kidding. Its size was 10x larger than the castle!

Elze: "Lady Mara!"

Mara: "I know."

Mara intensified the barrier. Both Draiz and Frick were trying to destroy the giant meteor from outside the barrier, but their efforts were little to none. However, it did slow it down but despite its decreased speed, it still hit the barrier. Mara braced herself. She felt the weight of this ginormous object crushing her and she can barely hold the barrier steady.

Mara: "To think... that I would get... bested by this... piece of junk."

Then, as if suddenly waking up from a splash of water, Mara felt a burst of energy within her. The energy she obtained was more than enough to intensify the barrier even further and expanding its size tenfold!

Draiz: "Get down!"

Draiz and Frick both take cover as Mara made her barrier push the meteor back into the sky hitting the other smaller ones that were still falling. As if the sun were going mad, the collisions of those many small meteorites and the large one created an explosion that which brightened the sky in a blinding light of red and white.

Though, they managed to survive that one, the explosion caused even more meteors to fall onto them. However, they were smaller compared to the ones before. Mara had to conjure up the barrier once again, and both Draiz and Frick retreated back inside the castle to rest.

Strazz: "You both did great. Good job."

Draiz: "We didn't do anything. Mara finished things up."

Rayla: "About that... what made you suddenly power up like that, Mara?"

Elze: "I... I want to know too. We knew you were powerful, but not that powerful."

They all nodded in agreement to what Elze said.

Mara: "I'm not quite sure. But, this feeling... it's familiar."

(Woman Voice): "Honestly. If this was too much for you, I am very disappointed."

Mara: "So, it was you all along. Mother."

Heione is found floating outside the barrier and casually lets herself in. And, by "in", I meant, she literally passed through the barrier.

Heione: "If you didn't have that demon blood within you, you'd be able to use even more magic than ever."

Mara: "Oh, get over it already, mother. I can't help it if I was born like this, now can I?"

Heione: "Urgh. You and your father both."

Mara: "Nevermind that, care to share what's happening?"

[Explanations are redundant, so I'll just let Draiz's reactions do the summary.]