Chapter 21 - "Crossing Paths"

Arufaz lands behind the white dragon. It was slightly smaller than him. But still larger than Draiz (by a lot).

Arufaz(thought): "Did this guy not notice me...?"

Arufaz grabs the white dragon's shoulders, and it glanced at Arufaz with sinister eyes. Then, suddenly, the ground rose to the sky reaching the skies lifting Arufaz along with it!

Arufaz jumps off to the other side, and from that perspective, he realized that the white dragon just created a small-sized mountain simply by looking at him.

Arufaz(smiling): "This might be the first time in this world that I was ever excited on something."

Arufaz dives from the sky, and the white dragon responded by flicking its left wing, and created four humongous twisters that was either as large or larger than the mountain it previously created!

Arufaz flaps his wings once, and all the twisters disappeared. The white dragon then stopped from his meal, turned around, and finally confronted Arufaz face to face. Arufaz lands in front of the white dragon. Both stared at each other for a while.

(White Dragon): "Heh..."

Arufaz: "Hmm...?"

(White Dragon): "I almost didn't recognize you, Zedis."

Arufaz: "Huh...?"

(White Dragon): "It's been so long. Tell you what, I've decided to join you in destroying this world. Let us end existence once and for all!

Arufaz: "Are you half-asleep...? I'm not gonna destroy this world..."

(White Dragon): "What?"

Arufaz: "Just so you know... this 'Zedis' fella you said before... he's no longer... I took over his body... to bring you down..."

(White Dragon): "What are you saying?! You're not Zedis?! My other half... my brother... my only family is dead, you say?!!"

Arufaz(thought): "I never said he was dead, though..."

The white dragon slammed its claws to the ground, and from the earth came forth the crater of a volcano. It pointed directly at Arufaz and erupted straight at him. However, when Arufaz did a simple roar, the land all around them got blown away.

The mountain of human corpses, and the nearby biomes, were all spread apart with Arufaz in the center of it all. Only the white dragon did not move from his position.

(White Dragon): "Who are you?! What have you done to him?!!"

The white dragon begins to prepare a breath attack. Arufaz responds by preparing a breath attack of his own. Both sides unleash their devastating moves. The landscapes around them begin shifting in unnatural shapes from the impact. Everything around them became a wasteland.

Arufaz(whistles): "Despite having the power of creation, that was one heck of a blast you just did..."

(White Dragon): "Answer me!!"

Arufaz: "............. Hmm... then... allow me to spin to you a tale..."

------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the four representatives of the alliance return to each of their realms and prepare for the inevitable aftershocks that may come from the battle of the two dragon halves. Heione orders all who are under her to subdue any remnants of scale that the white dragon created, while Gryard readies an army for an all-out war.